Windows 8 Hot Corner edit and seperate default browsers

gammarik

Hi all

I am trying out the Windows 8 Release Preview on a secondary hard drive, but there is a couple of things that i would like to change. So does anyone know of a program that can change what the corners do, so i can for example set the bottom left corner to always swich between Metro and desktop? Right now it just switch between the last open program and the Metro interface. Also, how can i set one browser to default in Metro and another on desktop? I actually like Internet Explorer in Metro, but i would like to use Chrome on the desktop. I would be happy if someone could help me with these :)

Thanks in advance

/gammarik

Switching is done by "Switcher" (top left corner, and then down the left side, from either desktop or metro interfaces), and no there is nothing available as far as I know that will alter the default behavior of the bottom left corner.
Your default browser in Windows IS you default browser in windows so no again, as far as I know there is no way to have a default browser in metro that is different than your default browser while in the desktop environment, as well placed shortcut should accomplish your needs.

Switching is done by "Switcher" (top left corner, and then down the left side, from either desktop or metro interfaces), and no there is nothing available as far as I know that will alter the default behavior of the bottom left corner.
Your default browser in Windows IS you default browser in windows so no again, as far as I know there is no way to have a default browser in metro that is different than your default browser while in the desktop environment, as well placed shortcut should accomplish your needs.

Okay, thanks :)

so i can for example set the bottom left corner to always swich between Metro and desktop?
With "mouse" and "touch" I don't know.

But with keyboard short cuts:
  • Windows key + D = Desktop
  • Windows key = Metro start menu

Back
Top Bottom