Windows 7 How can i change Windows 7's Display Language

Prime Number

I recently got a new laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium installed, and i want to change its display language.
i tried to obtain the language pack through Windows Update, and so i checked for updates, but it won't suggest any language pack. (there were updates, but none of them is a language pack\s).
how do i get the language pack, and less important, how do i install it?

any help would be greatly appreciated.
TIA.

To install a different language - Multilingual User Interface (MUI) - you need to have Windows 7 Ultimate.

Anytime Upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate
Type Anytime Upgrade in the Search programs and files box in the Start menu and click on the Windows Anytime Upgrade icon. From there, you can buy an Anytime Upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate. Then your can enter your Anytime Upgrade product key and perform a simple upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate so you can install a different language.

If you are in Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the UK, and the US you can use Anytime Upgrade. If not you will need to buy Windows 7 Ultimate, or buy Windows 7 in the language you need.

Windows Anytime Upgrade - Windows 7 - Microsoft Windows

Install Language Pack in Windows 7 Ultimate

1. Start -> All Programs --> Windows Update --> Optional Updates.
2. Open optional Updates and go to the section Windows 7 Language Packs.
3. Tick the Language Pack you want and hit OK
4. Proceed with Install Updates
5. Depiction of Windows 7 downloading a Language Pack
6. Automatic install initiated after download

How to change the Windows 7 Display Language:

1. Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Clock, Language, and Region / Change the display language
2. Switch the display language in the Choose a display language dropdown menu.
3. Click OK
4. Log off for the changes to take effect (This will affect only the user profile under which you are currently logged on).

Also, check out this site for another good option:
Vistalizator - change display language in Windows Vista and Windows 7

I hope this helps!

Brett M,
Windows Outreach Team

Back
Top Bottom