Windows 8 How can I put Windows 8.1 Mail on the desktop taskbar?

charliko

Extraordinary Member
Just cannot figure out how to do this. I want to access mail easily from the desktop taskbar in Win 8.1.

I think is only an start app and not a desktop program application. Therefore it can only be ran in start. The only other free windows alternative is Live Mail with essentials as far as I know.

Sent from my iPad using WindowsForum

Unfortunately it did not give me that option...only can pin to start.
Oh, sorry I got mixed up. The one I told you is for Win 7. I'm not sure if there is the same option for Win 8.1 as the Start Menu is supposed to act as a giant taskbar too. I apologize.

Oh, sorry I got mixed up. The one I told you is for Win 7. I'm not sure if there is the same option for Win 8.1 as the Start Menu is supposed to act as a giant taskbar too. I apologize.
thanks for the response....I think I will reload windows live mail to put it on the taskbar...sad that I have to do that to get immediacy

Try installing a free Pokki App on desktop where you can pin a shortcut to your mail or install a mail app on it. Everything will be on desktop.

pokkiapp.jpg

I've been struggling with this, too.
I discovered that if you open Windows Live Mail, the icon appears in the taskbar. It won't remain there after you close the program, but you can right click on the icon in the task bar and select "Pin this program to taskbar". That should work!

The ability to pin Metro apps to the Taskbar is one of the rumored features that will be available in the forthcoming update to Win 8.1.

Back