Windows 8 How can I remove Tweakbit?

I used the programs uninstaller. When it came back up I used CC cleaner and it came back, then I went to regedit and deleted all the entries I could and still it comes back

Also Revo uninstaller, just be careful during the install to read all the screens so you don't get some unwanted programs.

If the reg is infected then a re-install of Windows is the only sure way.

I have Malwarebytes Pro and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit. Neither was able to rid my computer of Tweakbits. Boy, that is a persistant , annoying problem! Who are these jerks? I tried the "Hitman Pro" anti-malware trial download and Hitman sniffed-it-out in three files and deleted it at my prompt. It seems to be gone..I plan on buying Hitman Pro if Tweakbits remains in purgatory. So far, so good!

Three days later, no Tweakbits. Hope Hitman sent it to Cyber-Hell...

Last edited:
This may be the correct one I would look for the following files and registry entries. If you are unable to delete a give file, download procexp and use the Find Handle or Dll feature to find what has open handles and you can manually close them so you can delete the files or boot in safe mode to clean out the files. PUA.TweakBitPCSpeedUp Technical Details | Symantec

Tweakbit was installed on my computer thanks to an ATT tech installing Uverse in my home and speedtesting the computer.Having the same problem with Tweakbit. Did the uninstall in control panel but still getting the Tweakbit Statusmonitor pop up windows. I guess first would simply installing the upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 clear this from the registry? Or should I remove it before upgrading? If so, would restoring the computer back to a point before this software installed work or should I reinstall Windows 8? Not sure what would work to eradicate Tweakbit from my computer, any suggestions/advice/info would be great.

You can simply delete all the files associated with it in my previous post. Also it would still be there if you upgraded.

Back