Windows 10 How do I clean junk off my computer?

pratibha91

Hello Everyone,

Should I download any third-party software or use disk cleanup in windows that will help to get rid of this?

Every thought will be appreciated!!

Thanks in Advance

Most people use Cleaner 0 reliable and safe.

Get the free version - take care to make sure you select the right options to avoid installing the wrong version or any add-ons you don't want! I usually run disk cleanup first then ccleaner. You should consider the option to clean up system files - this will often give you massive additional space but will prevent you uninstalling any recent updates. I usually run Macrium Reflect (free!) to enable recovery to an earlier Windows installation.

CCleaner is considered adware now a days. Microsoft doesn't recommend any third party cleaner utilities and they really are not needed

Microsoft doesn't recommend any third party cleaner utilities and they really are not needed
I would generally concur with that statement.....BUT.... MS makes it so cumbersome for the beginner/novice to the intermediate to do such simple tasks that most users, including myself, that likes the simplicity of a 3rd party app to do the job. Just my opinion.

FWIWI: I've been a long time user of Ccleaner and even when they were bought out and the bloatware was added....it still did/does do the job very well. I just recently switched to System Ninja.....no mus no fuss as Ccleaner was back in the day.

I'll admit Microsoft doesn't clean up everything, but I think it's a matter of perspective. Some of the items CCleaner cleanus up Microsoft considers normal function data. I run a custom script for work systems that can develop space issues with heavy use.

Much truth in that but I find that after running diskcleanup Ccleaner still picks up remaining items.
Windows 10 is not super efficient with cache/temp files and there can still be stale registry entries. Use Windirstat to find out what's using the space and manually delete it after running CCleaner. I haven't looked into it much before but I'm seeing this post here; How to Free Up Disk Space - TechLoris

Back
Top Bottom