Windows 7 How do I "unlock" this folder?

Sand3

So whenever I create a folder anywhere inside the Program Files sub-folders, it automatically becomes a locked folder, this is annoying on a few different levels, but mainly because I can't figure out how to tell it to be a regular, not-locked folder. Another problem I'm having is that one of my accidentally locked folders isn't showing up when I try to find it on Windows Explorer; it's inside of my runtime (3D content) folders and it shows up when I go to save anything to it from one of my 3D modeling programs, but when I try to find it in Explorer, to organize some of the files inside, I can't find it. It's just not there, I can see the folders that are above and below it in the alphabet (those folders aren't locked because I moved them into that directory rather than creating them there) but the one that I made is just absent. I even tried searching the folder that it's inside of, because sometimes I've found 'hidden' folders that way, and Explorer just tells me that no such file exists, but I *know* that it exists because I can see it *right there* when I open it through DAZ Studio or Blender.

Generally speaking you shouldn't need to be creating folders inside program files or any of its sub folders. Unless you have no option (and I really can't think of why that might arise) then you should avoid doing it. The whole are is protected by Windows for good reasons and you are best off leaving it alone if you can.

Okay, how do I make myself an authenticated user? I traded computers with my mother a couple months ago because this one fit my art needs better, and after I did, we tried to turn me into the administrator and deleted my mother's identity from here. It deleted her, but it didn't turn me into the administrator, now it keeps asking for administrator permission, but then it doesn't have any administrator listed and this has been causing me a lot of trouble. How do I make it believe that my identity is the primary user?

As for why I'd be creating subfolders in Program File's subfolders, it's the way content is organized for the 3D files that Poser uses and I do it any time I create new content for Poser, I'm not just screwing around with stuff I shouldn't be touching.

But we can't even seem to get into the Administrator account now because we deleted it, her name is Kitty and then since then we tried to put 'Kitty' back on and it just made a third identity. How do I log back in as the administrator?

Try Booting into Safe Mode and the Built-in Administrator account will be available to log on. You can use this account to create another administrator account or change the Standard account back to an administrator.

Restart the computer and start pressing the F8 key as soon as it starts to initialize. You will get a black screen menu. Use the Arrow keys to select Safe Mode and press Enter. The account 'Administrator' should appear at the login screen. Select this account. There is no password associated with this account, by default.

Okay, I'm definitely an administrator now, the other administrator account (my mother's) has been deleted, and my "show hidden files, folders and drives" is selected and it has been all this time. I still can't see some folders with Windows Explorer that show up just fine when I browse through one of my 3D programs, and I still can't get the folders to unlock. Here's screen-shots of what I'm doing and what it's telling me:

unlocking1.jpg

unlocking2.jpg

unlocking3.jpg

unlocking4.jpg

unlocking5.jpg

And then here's screen shots of a folder that I can see when I look for it through Daz3D, and then where it should be in Windows explorer (I drew a red line where it ought to be.)
unlocking6.jpg

unlocking7.jpg

What's going on here, how do I fix it?

Back