Windows 8 how do one deletes forever the "Touch Keyboard" toolbar?

g2c

unchecking it in the toolbar of the task band remove the icon only till next reboot(!)

On my system, deselecting the option for the Taskbar removed the icon, even after a reboot.

Do you have other users on the system, or some other utility related to the touchscreen? Do you even have a touchscreen?

You might check the Task Manger for startup items, maybe something there is keeping it selected after a reboot.

Thanks for bothering.
I am the only user and the machine has a touchscreen. Could you please have a look at the startup list?
Thanks again

upload_2014-7-14_22-20-32.png

I don't know what a couple of those are, but one which would seem to be relevant is the Classic Start Menu. It may very well have some connection to your problem.

I don't know what a couple of those are, but one which would seem to be relevant is the Classic Start Menu. It may very well have some connection to your problem.
Oh, this is the Classic Shall. It allows me to keep sound despite win8. I warmly recommended

Hold up here, I went to Device Manager and opened Human Interface Devices but there's no "Touch Screen" option listed. There's HID-compliant touch screen but no sub option specifically for the onscreen keyboard.

Attachments

• upload_2014-7-20_15-18-12.png
    upload_2014-7-20_15-18-12.png
    320.1 KB · Views: 340
I disabled the HID-compliant touch screen and it removed the keyboard. I believe that one day there will be a mean to disable the on screen keyboard logo from being stuck on the task bar w/o being invited. Meanwhile i don't mind using the mouse (it's a laptop)

Eh, seems a little overboard to have to disable the entire touch screen just to stop the onscreen keyboard from popping up all the time. There has to be a way to turn off the OS keyboard without turning off the whole touch screen.

I have a touchscreen. IOn a reinstall, or whatever, I do the same as saltgrass. Works for me even after a reboot.?

Untitled.png

Right click the Taskbar and select "Toolbars" at the top of the list.

You will then see a picture like mine. I think it would be wise to RE- enable the function you disabled in the Device manager.

You should see, after this, that the item "Touch Keyboard" is ticked. Untick it - done.

Very strange: after having disabled and re-enabled the touch screen, it now DOES retain the configuration (ticked / unticked) on screen keyboard) after restart

So the bottom line for me is:

disable the touchscreen -> [maybe restart] -> enable the touch screen; wait till windows confirm it did re-enable -> untick the OS KB (toolbar / taskbar) -> done

Creech, does this work for you?

Thanks everybody

Back