Windows 8 How To Become God in Windows 7 / 8 (God Mode), & What It Does!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I've done a video tutorial on my YouTube channel at the Windows 7 / 8 God Mode. This mode brings all the controls and settings of windows 7 / 8 into one handy folder on your desk top and is incredibly easy and quick to do :eek:) If you find the video useful, please consider hitting the thumbs up and consider subscribing. If you have any trouble, please let me know in the comments so I can examine further.

Best regards,

Steve (RetroGamerVX)

The video is useless because it does not show me HOW to get the so-called " god mode ".
All the video does to ask us to click a button to subscribe.
This , in my opinion, is SPAM.

Last edited:
The video is useless because it does not show me HOW to get the so-called " god mode ".
All the video does to ask us to click a button to subscribe.
This , in my opinion, is spam.
What the hell are you on about, it tells you EXACTLY how to do it, you create a folder, right click and put the code in, it then becomes a god folder, containing links to all controls of hte system.

In what way is that not doing what it says it's doing, idiot.

Phew! Moderating sometimes makes brokering a peace deal in Gaza look like walking the dog?
Yes, I know, I run a large group myself and sometimes it can be a pain to track back what's happening. Anyway, if you watch the video, you'll see that it does what it says on the tin and is not spam :)

Each to their own… I do suggest making the "code" clearer i.e. super impose it onto the screen so that it can be seen and a person can pause the vid to study it if they want to.

I didnt follow the video through. I thought perhaps there was a little too much wasted space for what is, in essence, a simple three click procedure?
If(?) I am talking about the same thing, it appeared a few years ago on the Microsoft Technet site. I have always had it as and add-on since. This is how they outlined it:

To activate God Mode in Windows 8, follow the steps below:

1. Go to the Desktop
2. Right-click and select New Folder.
Right-click on the New Folder and select Rename.
4. Change the name of the folder [just copy & paste the following string]: GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
5. Open the folder and you will find every utility Windows 8 has under the sun.

You will then see this. (This is a small portion of the scrollable windows):

OMG.PNG

Last edited:
Thanks, David.
I had a look at your link. Curious? Do you mean Spiceworks or this forum deleted it. It seems to be intact now on the link. I wonder why, whoever, did delete it.
Was the title changed in Spiceworks,at some stage. It seems to pre-date the release of Windows 8.

Anyway, just to add, it does , as you say in the link, work in Windows 8/8.1 also, which I am using at this moment. If you are a Metro user, it can, as usual, be pinned to the Start menu.

Last edited:
Thanks, David.
I had a look at your link. Curious? Do you mean Spiceworks or this forum deleted it. It seems to be intact now on the link. I wonder why, whoever, did delete it.
Was the title changed in Spiceworks,at some stage. It seems to pre-date the release of Windows 8.

Anyway, just to add, it does , as you say in the link, work in Windows 8/8.1 also, which I am using at this moment. If you are a Metro user, it can, as usual, be pinned to the Start menu.

I meant this forum deleted my post.

Oh. I apologize. I did not make myself clear.

What I said was .... I posted the link at THIS forum and it was deleted by a moderator.
Sorry I wasted your time investigating.

Last edited:
What the hell are you on about, it tells you EXACTLY how to do it, you create a folder, right click and put the code in, it then becomes a god folder, containing links to all controls of hte system.

In what way is that not doing what it says it's doing, idiot.

Refrain from the derogatory & unnecessary, rude, name calling! That is 100% unacceptable.

Last time that should need to be said.

Cheers,
Drew
290_Windows8_1.jpg

Essentially all you do is create a folder, name it as follows:
WhateverName.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
The guid will disappear and the name you chose will stay when you hit enter. The icon will change and when you open the special folder you’ll see all control panel settings in a nice easy to find list. You can also copy this to a thumb drive and use it on other computers. I carry it on a stick w/ all my other 'Tools & Utilities' and thereby can easily put it on a client's machine for them.

For the WhateverName, I've always called it Control Panel+ but, it is what is commonly referred to as God Mode.

Cheers,
Drew
290_Windows8_1.jpg

Essentially, just create GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} as a new folder on your desktop.

I posted the following link earlier in this same thread and it was deleted by a moderator......
The post was deleted by @patcooke because it was nearly exactly the same as the information provided in the OP's video description on YouTube. So it is no big deal what the secret is for this "feature". 'God mode' is essentially just a list of the configuration flags for the operating system, minus the group policy and local machine group policy settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom