Windows 7 How to become system ?

I am sick of being restricted to some stupid actions such as as simple as deleting folders.
sometimes some folders will not be deleted and it says i need administrative privileges to do so, but those folders are not in use or they dont have any executables running from inside or used by one or another program.

Points is i want to be a TOTAL control over my PC.
Is this possible to become SYSTEM instead of administrator ?

There are other solutions.
Run gpedit.msc
Go to Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> User Rights Assignment
You can add yourself in the "Act as part of the operating system" option. I did that (and some other stuff, but I don't know which would be more relevant for this) and I am no longer asked to perform actions as an administrator every time, even though I already am one.

take ownership script can be dangerous sometimes. I tried that and had to reinstall OS the next day because some installers are having issues installing files to those directories which i used take ownership script with, so NO THANKS.

as for Go to Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> User Rights Assignment
Where is Go to Computer Configuration -> Windows Settings -> Security Settings -> Local Policies -> User Rights Assignment?
I found it but it was more like
Press Start button\Type Local Security Policy and hit Enter
Then expand Local Policies and click User Rights Assignment and double click on Act as part of the operating system.
Then simply add Administrator or your username and click OK

To complicated;
There has to be a way (in fact there is, i just cant find it) to become system another way.
Some guy told me how to do it by dealing with cmd.exe (need to rename something and move something, not sure) but i cant find that tutorial anymore.
I looked on google and found this geschonneck.com SYSTEM user with Vista
and i ran into couple of problems.
1st mount NTFS partition ? confused
2nd is OK
3d copy cmd.exe to Utilman.exe ? (2 problems here.1st i can copy file to directory, not to another file.2nd Utilman.exe does not exist because it was renamed so wtf is up with that ?) and how do i get to this point, just by mounting NTFS partition ? All of my 5 hard drives are NTFS partitions so wich one do i mound and where is such option anyway.

At the end there is a link to a video demonstrating it, but video is for LUNIX terminal, not for windows :(
Poor linux bastards, they don't even have a good screen recording software LOL IN YOUR FACE !! :razz:
Its like am telling you how to change Linux username using vista There has to be a way to go back and forth so it can be undone if needed. Do you guys know of such ways ?

Last edited:
Back