Windows 10 How to change default folder name

In Windows 10 Home:

Goto Settings, Accounts, Your info.
Click on "Sign in with a local account instead" and follow the instructions from thereon.

I use Windows 10 Pro, looks like on home you have to disconnect the internet and click Next then it should give you the option to skip using an email and setup a local account instead.

In Windows 10 Home:

Goto Settings, Accounts, Your info.
Click on "Sign in with a local account instead" and follow the instructions from thereon.

As we discussed, that will only make me literally sign in with a local account, but it will not change the folder name
from
C:/Users/skype
to
C:/Users/Owner

Changing this folder name is critical because I want to sync dropbox, using the same folder structure as my main computer. (Please see our discussions above for reminder) But it seemed impossible, so that was the whole point of factory reset, as @patcooke suggested me. (Please see our discussions above for reminder)

So @Neemobeer said "If you open a command prompt and just type set and look for userprofile. It may just point to the Skype user directory. "

So I checked, and as he said, it did show that the userprofile still pointed to Skype user directory.

"Sign in with a local account instead" does not solve this problem.

I have to make userprofile to point to a directory of my own choosing.

I use Windows 10 Pro, looks like on home you have to disconnect the internet and click Next then it should give you the option to skip using an email and setup a local account instead.

This seems to work. Will let you know it finally works to the end. Thank you so much.

Back