computehelp

This video tutorial shows you How To Clean Install Windows Server 2016 in VirtualBox on Windows 10 PC.
This procedure also works for installation Windows Server 2016 on real physical computer or physical server :)

Hope, this video guide will help :)

why (in your mind) would anyone want to install server 2016 in VirtualBox?

why (in your mind) would anyone want to install server 2016 in VirtualBox?
I´m studying university focused on IT and systems. We learn to install server systems on virtual machines. It´s the main reason, to help other students or IT beginners with theire improvement. Another reason is the same procedure as with physical computer installation :)

ok just for the practice is a valid reason to use Virtual box as a student but a server does behave different on physical systems... once you start asking this server to actually do anything I would recommend hyper-v (its a free download) as the better host platfrom because its made by Microsoft and the compatibility has less pitfalls.

p.s, a good guide for workgrouping hyper-v from an older (assumes w8.1) system = Installing and Configuring Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 for Remote Management using the HVRemote Tool in Workgroup – MS Server Pro

ok just for the practice is a valid reason to use Virtual box as a student but a server does behave different on physical systems... once you start asking this server to actually do anything I would recommend hyper-v (its a free download) as the better host platfrom because its made by Microsoft and the compatibility has less pitfalls.

p.s, a good guide for workgrouping hyper-v from an older (assumes w8.1) system = Installing and Configuring Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 for Remote Management using the HVRemote Tool in Workgroup – MS Server Pro
Thanks for your tip ussnorway. I plan to try hyper-v next time :)

Back