Windows 7 How To Edit Java.policy In Windows 7 Home Premium

JR Bregante

Hello,
Is it at all possible to edit java.policy file in Windows Home 7 Premium? I have been trying to edit with Word Pad as administrator and also logged into windows as administrator and I keep getting an error that I do not have permission to save this file?? How do I modify this file so I can save it.

Thanks JR

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. I am printing shipping labels through Ebay, and I am getting popup boxes that I have to allow permission each time to print the tags. I need to add a permission line to the policy so I do not have to click these boxes each time.

Thanks JR

Hello,

Thank you very much for the link. One of the other issues I am running into is that on Windows 7 Home Premium, there does not seem to be the policy tool editor installed?? Do you know if it is a tool that can be added? I can not find details on that issue.

Thanks JR

Windows Home Premium does not contain any of the Windows group policy provisions or tools. However, it is not clear that this item is part of Windows. The fact that you have a policy file at all seems to indicate that this is a Java item, and the link seemed to indicate the same. It's possible that it is a developer tool and as an end user, you're not supposed to be over-riding the policies. Explore whether you can download the tool. I would start with that link.

Back