Windows 8 How to export .eml files to windows outlook 2010

Toby Chadwick

I have a folder in my mac laptop that contains .eml files. I need to access these files in windows outlook as I have to sell out this mac laptop now and I have transferred these files in windows but I am not able to get any way to import these files in outlook 2010. There are a few thousand .eml files saved in different folders.

So how can i import this folder in outlook 2010.
Please help.

if you still have your emails in apple mail, then a quick and easy way to do this is with a GMail IMAP account. Just setup the GMail account on the Mac and in Outlook on Windows. Then in Mail (Mac) drag the messages from your account to the GMail IMAP folders (make as many as you need). Now in Outlook drag the messages from the GMail IMAP account into the Outlook folders you want.

Another way is to go fro third party applications.
The one I know is : Apple Mail to PST Convert – Convert Apple Mail Emails to WIndows Outlook PST

Using third party applications has the advantage of doing the migration quickly while the imap account method is slow and lengthy.

Choose the way you want to opt.
Thank you

As I had no access to the imap account and have deleted all the files from there earlier, I used apple mail to pst converter to convert .eml files to .pst. That were imported in outlook very comfortably.

Thanks for help.

You can try SysTools Eml to PST converter software. Free- Trail edition of the software allows you to-
  • Add EML Files
  • Preview EML Files
  • View Email with Attachments
  • Windows 8 & All Other Previous Windows Version Supported

I can open EML files in my Outlook version (I'm using MS Outlook 2013). I never tried to open them in any other earlier version, but I hope they can be easily opened in other Outlook versions as well. But I'm not sure here as the EML files were basically related to Mac OS. Search for a 3rd party if you can't open them directly to your Windows Outlook.

Thanks.

Hello,

EML files can be easily exported to Windows Outlook by following the instructions of Import option. You can find "Import" option in File tab
8.jpg

Get the guide to follow instructions and to choose right option from here - Import EML Files to Outlook:Bela N Blog

Outlook 2007 users might encounter error message while importing EML files into Windows Outlook 2007. Error occurs due to missing of translator file. It can be resolved, solution is given in above post.

Thanks and all the best!

I have a folder in my mac laptop that contains .eml files. I need to access these files in windows outlook as I have to sell out this mac laptop now and I have transferred these files in windows but I am not able to get any way to import these files in outlook 2010. There are a few thousand .eml files saved in different folders.

Please help.

1. Try to synchronize mail folder which contain eml files with one of your IMAP account from your Mac.
2. Switch to Windows Outlook and configure the IMAP and SMTP setting by providing name and ports.
3. Synchronize the same IMAP account with Windows Outlook.
4. Find the eml mails inside the outlook application.

I'm too late to reply to this thread. I Hope it would be helpful.

Please help.

There is a free utility here: outlookfreeware.com/en/products/all/OutlookMessagesImportEML/
Works flawless!

Adrian Gates
Sr. Cloud Expert - Apps4Rent

Convert multiple EML files to PST file format with this OSTtoPSTAPP EML to PST Conversion Tool. Both single and multiple EML files can be exported in PST format. There is no limit on file size. Users have the option of saving their exported data at the chosen location. It is compatible with every version of Windows, including: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, etc. Numerous email clients, including Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, Apple Mail, etc., are also compatible with the software. This utility allows users, both technical and non-technical, to transfer EML to PST. Additionally, the software offers all users a free trial edition so they can see the benefits of this tool.

To import .eml files from a folder in your Mac to Windows Outlook,
  1. Transfer the folder containing .eml files to your Windows computer.
  2. Go to "File" > "Open & Export" > "Import/Export".
  3. In the "Import and Export Wizard" window, select "Import internet mail and addresses"
  4. Select "Outlook Express or Windows Live Mail".
  5. Browse to the folder containing the .eml files that you transferred from your Mac and select it.
  6. Select the folders that you want to import the .eml files to, or create new folders, and click "Next".
  7. Wait for the import process to complete. This may take some time depending on the number of .eml files you are importing.

Hey, if you need to export .eml files into Windows Outlook 2010 then you could pick a reliable method to do this conversion. I will let you know a simple solution, with the help of which you will be capable to complete this conversion very properly. Firstly you could convert your .eml file into PST format with the help of "FixVare EML to PST Converter". This software swiftly exports your all .eml files into PST format. This software is runnable on all Windows OS like Windows 11, 10,8,7, and so on. With the help of this software, you may export a single .eml file or .eml folder into PST format. After converting .eml files into PST format you may easily export them into Windows Outlook 2010. To know more about the software check its official website.

Back