Windows 7 How to format a thumb drive back to NTFS?

WonderBot

I had to use my thumb drive to upload files to a Mac, so I reformatted the drive to FAT32. Now I'm trying to get it back to NTFS so I can use again on my Win 7 machine, but the drive is not even showing up in My Computer.

The Drive shows in Device Manager and in Disk Management, but offers me no option to format.

Help!

I had to use my thumb drive to upload files to a Mac, so I reformatted the drive to FAT32. Now I'm trying to get it back to NTFS so I can use again on my Win 7 machine, but the drive is not even showing up in My Computer.

The Drive shows in Device Manager and in Disk Management, but offers me no option to format.

Help!

get yourself a copy of partition wizards boot disk, burn the disk, boot into it, you should see the drive there, then you can format it back to ntfs.

http://www.partitionwizard.com/download.html

Yeah, MiniTool is good. I've had some problems with it, though, I'd rather recommend GParted, GParted -- About

But I can't see any big party disputes here. :cool:

Yeah, MiniTool is good. I've had some problems with it, though, I'd rather recommend GParted, GParted -- About

But I can't see any big party disputes here. :cool:

i'd go with your gparted suggestion, since i know from experience that on certain system configurations past versions of partition wizard wouldn't boot.

The drive should work fine as FAT32 in Windows 7.......

Diskpart will also format it, if you can see it that way, but I have no experience with MACs and not sure what formatting it uses.

If nothing else, maybe you can erase the drive on the MAC and allow it to be seen on the PC.

Back