Windows Vista How to get rid of dual boot menu

cdkg

So I have formatted and re-formatted my computer a couple different times with vista and xp. I got the dual boot thing working at one point but decided finding the drivers for xp was more trouble then it was worth.
Now my problem is I have 4 different boot options Vista, Vista, XP and Recovery Partition. I want to keep my recovery partition but I would like to not have xp and the extra vista option. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
you'll need to go to your start menu, Accessories, Administrative Tools, Computer Management and then storage or disks. You should then be able to remove the partitions required..

I believe you mean just the boot options, not the actual partitions?
Easy way is to download a program such as easybcd (It's free!) and do it there. Simple as making a few clicks.

davehc thank you so much!!! that is exactly what I was looking for!!! Worked like a charm.
Thanks

To restore a Vista type master boot record you can simply boot off your Vista dvd and run the "Repair" option which will automatically repair your corrupted master boot record. If you do not feel comfortable with easy bcd's boot configuration data control.

You can also enter the command prompt in your dvd's VistaRE (recovery environment) and enter the following:

Bootrec.exe /FixMbr (press enter)
Bootrec.exe /FixBoot (press enter)
Bootrec.exe /ScanOs (press enter)
Bootrec.exe /RebuildBcd (press enter)

Ultimate User

Back
Top Bottom