Windows 7 How to import pst files in mail.app?

Johnny Reacher

I have a back up of my emails from outlook 2010 in a hard drive.
I shows its file format as .pst. I need to import these emails in mail.app.
Using import function is a waste as it imports only the empty folders.

How do I imports all the folders and the mails in them too.
Please help.

Import mailboxes:-

Mail can import messages from other email apps or messages from mailboxes that you exported using Mail.

1. Choose File > Import Mailboxes.
  2. Select the email app you want to import messages from.If you're importing a mailbox exported from Mail, choose Apple Mail.
  3. Follow the instructions that appear onscreen.
    • Make sure the app you're importing from is open and running, because some of the options require this.
    • If you're importing messages from a Windows or UNIX computer, select "Files in mbox format" and locate the folder containing the files.
    • If the email app you're switching from isn't listed, click Cancel. Consult the documentation for the other app to learn how to export your messages in mbox format (most email apps can). You can then import the mbox format files.
Your imported mail is stored in a new mailbox called "Import." To reorganize imported messages, create new mailboxes and drag folders and messages from the Import mailbox to other mailboxes. When you're done, you can delete the Import mailbox.
If you don't see your mailboxes in Mail, choose View > Show Mailbox List; empty mailboxes aren't imported.

The other alternatives are software use that are available online.
Every tool is excellent in its own way. But if I had to name one I would go for Pst Converter pro.

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom