Windows 7 How to Install an HP 2000c Printer on Win 7

allenn

Extraordinary Member
I have found the HP 2000c XP print drivers included on the Win XP Pro install disc work for Vista/Win 7. The component names start with HPV and there is an NTPrint.inf which contains the HP 2000C printer description. I used these components, and installed my networked (via a HP print server) HP 2000c using the JetDirect 7.1 Network Setup Wizard. I have all functions and services working.

Note: the HP2000c XP driver package on the HP download website containing component names which start with HPW6nnnn.dll will not work in Win 7.

Hi Allenn,
I am happy to find someone that was successful in finding a way to get the HP2000C printer to work.
Following your instructions I found 1 HPV2000c.gpd file, and 1 NTPrint file.

Now I need some additional information(steps) that you took to install the HP 2000c printer.
How should I install each one of the files into windows 7.
Appreciate any help.
Thanks
conjoe

From XP Pro collect all of the following files and put them in the folder as shown. You will find all of these files on the XP
Pro Setup disc or in the XP Pro Windows folder on your hard drive. Note that the files have a HPV prefix.

Create a directory called C:\HP 2000C and put the following in the folder:

C:\HP 2000C\HPV2000C.BUD
C:\HP 2000C\HPV2000C.GPD
C:\HP 2000C\HPV200AL.DLL
C:\HP 2000C\HPVDJ200.HLP
C:\HP 2000C\HPVDJ50.INI
C:\HP 2000C\HPVIMG50.DLL
C:\HP 2000C\HPVNAM50.GPD
C:\HP 2000C\HPVUD50.DLL
C:\HP 2000C\HPVUI50.DLL
C:\HP 2000C\layout.inf
C:\HP 2000C\ntprint.inf
C:\HP 2000C\ntprints.inf
C:\HP 2000C\printupg.inf
C:\HP 2000C\prtupg9x.inf
C:\HP 2000C\unidrv.dll
C:\HP 2000C\unidrv.hlp

Create a i386 sub-directory under C:\HP 2000C and put the following files into the directory:

C:\HP 2000C\i386\sRGB Color Space Profile.icm
C:\HP 2000C\i386\sRGB.icm
C:\HP 2000C\i386\stdnames.gpd
C:\HP 2000C\i386\unidrvui.dll
C:\HP 2000C\i386\unires.dll

Once you have all the programs saved in the appropriate folders, you are ready to Add a Printer. You will have to choose
whether you want the HP 2000C local or networked, but in any case, you must use the "Have Disk" option. Point the next entry
box to the C:\HP 2000C\ntprint.inf file. Then select the HP 2000C driver.
I used the HP Network Printer Wizard 7.1 to setup my HP 2000C, because I have an HP JetDirect Print Server to network the
printer. The "Have Disk" process is the same which means I pointed it to the ntprint.inf. I have full functionality and all
utility functions in Vista and Windows 7 just like the printer was in XP. I hope this gets your printer running in Win 7.

I love this printer. I had to rebuild the ink station, but it still produces the best photo and color documents. Please feel free to contact me via a private message at this website.

Hi allenn,

Sorry about not getting back to you sooner, but I was busy cutting some of the tree debris caused by the recent storm.

I have the results of my search.
How can I contact you via a private message at this website?
conjoe

Hello, i was very happy to find a solution for making work the hp2000c in Win7. I found all files on my harddisk on a xp pc exept ntprints.inf and sRGB.icm, i worked with the hp printer wizard 7.1 as well, but the system did not accept the ntprint.inf.
Can you give me any help? By the way , my pc is xp home, not pro.

Thanks

Hp 2000 c

Unfortunately, the HP 2000C setup procedure outlined in my previous post will only install an HP 2000C printer on Win 7 and Vista as long as it is networked via an HP JetDirect Print server. You must use the HP Network Setup Wizard v. 8.1 software, and it must be executed in XP SP3 Compatibility mode. The drivers and modules mentioned in my previous post will not work for the Win 7 or Vista "Add Printer" procedure to setup a local or network printer.

I have uploaded to a data server everything you need to get an HP 2000C setup on Win 7 or Vista. Send me a private message and I will make the link available so you can download the setup instructions and all necessary drivers, programs, and files.

HP 2000C Win 7 Driver Update

For anyone still using an HP 2000C, I have created and tested a driver package which will add an HP 2000C printer to Windows 7 Pro. I have developed one procedure for adding an HP 2000C as a Local printer on an LPT1 parallel port and another procedure for adding it to a network via an HP JetDirect print server.

Another Win 7 forum member, Conjo, successfully setup up an HP 2000C as a local printer by using my driver setup package. The HP 2000C installs all the same functions it had on Win XP Pro.

I do not have Win 7 Home edition, so I have no way to try it on this version. I know of one Win 7 Forum member that attempted a network install on Win 7 Home, but so far, they have not been successful. I will say, that the unsuccessful install was with an earlier version of my ntprint.inf file. I would like to find someone else that could try to install an HP 2000C on Win 7 Home using the current driver package.

If you would like the files for either HP 2000C setup procedure, please contact me via a private message in this forum (click on my name in this post).

I'm Back to try again!

Hi! You sent me your driver file package back in February, but I had Win 7 Home Premium then. I've upgraded to 7 Professional now, and checked this post again, & found your additional instructions. I'll send you a PM for the new package you've got & try again. Still 64-bit, though, so do you think that will work? (Remember,... I'm one of those "for dummies" kind of folk!)

Thanks!

HP2000C on Win7 Home Premium

Hi
Have tried to follow your procedure (don't have ntprints.inf however) on a PC running Win7 Home Premium, unfortunately it did not work. I used HP Install Network Printer Wizard 8.1
The HP2000C has a Jetdirect card and is part of my home network, it works great on all my other PC's (WinXP)

Any hints or suggestions?

Thanks

The setup package I created will only work on 32 bit Win 7. The printer setup works for Win 7 Add Printer Wizard and HP Install Networks Setup Wizard v. 8.1. I do not know of any 64 bit drivers for the HP 2000C. If you find a source, please contact me. Thanks!

Missing ntprints.inf

The setup package I created will only work on 32 bit Win 7. The printer setup works for Win 7 Add Printer Wizard and HP Install Networks Setup Wizard v. 8.1. I do not know of any 64 bit drivers for the HP 2000C. If you find a source, please contact me. Thanks!

I am missing ntprints.inf on my XP.
Maybe that's the reason why install terminated with an error and only created a "general" thing which will not print. ;-)
So I would very much appreciate to get the file from you or your complete package.
Anyway thank you for this information here! :)
Thanks!

Please post here if you successfully setup your HP 2000C in 32-bit Win 7 using my setup package. I am trying to monitor the number of forum users that have used my setup. Thanks!

It worked for me, thank you very much!

I got the files within one day - best service! :eek:
Details of my success-story:
I removed the general device (non printer) HP2000C from devices and printers.
The next step in Allenns list
[ 1.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Control Panel\System and Security\Administrative Tools\Print Management\Custom Filters\All Drivers; Select HP 2000C; Right click; Select Remove Driver Package; Delete; OK;
]
did not work for me - I could not find "print management" within System and Security (maybe due to my german windows - I could not match the different words)
So I tried the install after a reboot (still 40 hpw* in driver store and winsxs) - no risk no fun:
Install worked perfect just like described by Allen. Good old HP2000C ist printing.
My System: Win7 Home Premium System Builder 32 Bit.
So maybe you could give it a try to install without first dealing with those existing files. Maybe it does not get worse if the install will not be successful.
Impressive work of Allenn, including many (29) clips of dialogs.
:D
Regards Hannes

Apparently, Print Management is unique to Win 7 Pro.

I am glad that my HP 2000C Win 7 / Vista setup package provides a way to keep the HP 2000C running. It is too bad that HP and the other printer companies do not care about legacy printers. If I could put a package together with zero resources, I would think HP could do it with all the resources at their disposal.

Just installed same printer on a laptop

Installation was flawlessly.
This machine never before had seen any printer.
Same OS than on the first (very old) computer.
Thanks again to Allen. You may increment your pointer by another success.
Regards, Hannes.

Looks like my HP 2000C Win 7 Setup works with 32-Bit Home Premium Edition. This is great news, because I could only test the setup with 32-Bit Win 7 Pro.

Please note: the list of programs to setup the HP 2000C which was shown in an earlier post is correct except the following files are not required:

Unfortunately, the Win 7 Add Printer Wizard requires a special ntprint.inf file. Therefore, the ntprint.inf from XP Pro will not work. You must obtain the HP 2000C Win7 Setup from me which includes the special ntprintv2.inf, the print driver, and toolbox programs.

HP 2000c Printer install with Windows 7

Dear Allenn,

I need help installing my HP 2000cxi printer to be used by my wifes new laptop running Windows 7 Home Edition.

Please send me the link to do this! Thanks!

sincerely,

Warrenc

Dear Allen,

I do not find some files such as "ntprints.inf"

I read on a posting of "11. Mai 2010 von Link Removed - Invalid URL"
You wrote to hom the following :
>>>
Unfortunately, the Win 7 Add Printer Wizard requires a special ntprint.inf file. Therefore, the ntprint.inf from XP Pro will not work. You must obtain the HP 2000C Win7 Setup from me which includes the special ntprintv2.inf, the print driver, and toolbox programs.
<<<<

How must I proceed to receive your "HP 200C Win7 Setup" ?

3. Is there a difference with what you wrote here ?

Thank you very very much for a quick reply
Caius

Re: HP 2000C Win 7 Driver Update

Looks like my HP 2000C Win 7 Setup works with 32-Bit Home Premium Edition. This is great news, because I could only test the setup with 32-Bit Win 7 Pro.

Please note: the list of programs to setup the HP 2000C which was shown in an earlier post is correct except the following files are not required:

I was wondering if you could send me the HP 2000c win7 setup with the ntprintv2.inf?

[email protected]

Back