Windows 7 how to install windows 7 64bit having the same windows installed but 32 bits version

Emsara

In a beginnin i had windows vista home premium, but my university gave to me the windows 7 professional. I believed that the one that was coming in the dvd would give you the option to choose between 32 and 64 versions, but it doesn't and already I was too much late to stop the installation, this way that I installed the windows 7 of 32 bits. Now then, I have already a dvd with of 64, introduce it and it says to me that with this version of windows cannot be installed, that i start the computer with the dvd and that i choose the option to initiate the CD before entering to windows to do an installation of this one. But it does not appear at all on having started. so, How do I do it?

sorry for my bad english
i hope you can help me

In a beginnin i had windows vista home premium, but my university gave to me the windows 7 professional. I believed that the one that was coming in the dvd would give you the option to choose between 32 and 64 versions, but it doesn't and already I was too much late to stop the installation, this way that I installed the windows 7 of 32 bits. Now then, I have already a dvd with of 64, introduce it and it says to me that with this version of windows cannot be installed, that i start the computer with the dvd and that i choose the option to initiate the CD before entering to windows to do an installation of this one. But it does not appear at all on having started. so, How do I do it?

sorry for my bad english
i hope you can help me
Welcome to the forum..... Don't worry about your english, it's better than my grasp of your language I'm sure. To answer your question, you can't upgrade (or reinstall) X32 over X64 or vice versa. You need to do a clean install. I assume you are leaving home premium to the university version because you can't activate home premium. If you can activate, stick with it. I don't believe that there is anything in professional that would be needed for a university environment.

From what you say, you are trying to boot from the Windows x64 install DVD and it will not work? You do get the message about "booting from the dvd press a key", but it doesn't start loading files with the white bar across the bottom?

"From what you say, you are trying to boot from the Windows x64 install DVD and it will not work? You do get the message about "booting from the dvd press a key", but it doesn't start loading files with the white bar across the bottom? "exactly,
Thank you for your answers, already I could solve my problem. This one was that the boot dvd was not initiating with the computer and I had to enter the BIOS and change the sequence of boot, it was quite.

and...." I assume you are leaving home premium to the university version because you can't activate home premium" you assume well. =P

Back