Windows 7 How to prevent applications from opening web browser?

TRSS

Hey, folks!

Does anybody know how I can prevent applications from opening my web browser with their specific URL?
E.g. some uninstallers open a survey on the developer's homepage to ask you for the reason of the uninstallation. Or other links on an application's GUI that lead to some undesired website.

thanks for help in advance

P.S. Of course there are no-brainer solutions like unplugging my web connection or removing my web browser but that is not what I want : P

None that I'm aware of....it would be nice if there was.

I'd try editing the uninstall program file, search for a url and blank it - never tried it but sounds like it might work!

Thanks for the hint but I think this does not work so easily since URLs are not always saved as plain text within an uninstaller - in addition it would be tedious to do this for every installation. Also, you risk to lose the uninstaller's functionality.

I just want to add that the uninstaller scenario is an example, therefore this method would not solve my issue even if it worked.

I'm not aware of a solution that can be handled purely by Windows 7, although I could be wrong. It seems to me this sort of thing will need support from an external application.

Back
Top Bottom