Windows 8 How to re-install Windows 8 from OEM version

I do not think you will get the additional security benefits with Win 7 because I believe the Secure Boot is a Win 8 feature. I am not positive of this as I do not have a newer PC with UEFI.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not think you will get the additional security benefits with Win 7 because I believe the Secure Boot is a Win 8 feature. I am not positive of this as I do not have a newer PC with UEFI.
Thanks. I think the reason you can't have secure boot of Windows 7 with my computer is that it came with windows 8 and therefore has the signature of that OS only. I would like someone to confirm that to be sure I understand it properly.
Pete

Hi,

checkout this web page regarding secure boot used in a dual os scenario:

If Secure Boot on Windows 8 machine can I dual-boot
Thanks. I'm not interested in dual boot. My goal is to have two Acronis image backups: one for Windows 8 and one for Windows 7 with the HDD partitioned in UEFI/GPT mode. I have that now, but I do need to switch the BIOS mode from UEFI secure boot to UEFI insecure boot when switching from Windows 8 to 7.

The reason I'm doing this is that I will continue to run Windows 7, but on an occasional basis I'll restore Windows 8 to continue my evaluation. At the moment, I see no particular advantages to Windows 8. I use the free Classic Shell software to get the start menu back while running Windows 8. It's a great little program.
Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
Back