How to remove user logon screen

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by don8400, Dec 4, 2009.

1. don8400

don8400 Honorable Member

I recently installed Windows 7 home premium upgrade on my laptop. For the first week or so everything seemed to work ok. Then about a week ago the screen began to change to user logon after setting idle for 15 or 20 minutes. I checked my personalization settings and it shows the user logon on resume checked. I tried to uncheck it, but it will not let me change it. Any suggestions on how to resolve this problem? Thank you in advance.

2. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

If you only have one use account go to Control Panel > Power Options, click the require password on logon and select Don't require a password.

3. Mitchell_A

Mitchell_A Excellent Member

It's always best to do a CLEAN install.
    If reghakr's tip doesn't help, I'd be doing a clean install right away (of course you'll have to back-it-up first)

4. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Excellent Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

If you go into power settings, Power options, Edit Plan Settings, there is a Change Advanced Power Settings option. Open that and check settings Password on Wake-up "no". Notice the Change settings that are currently unavailable and click on that.

You could also go Control Panel, Power Options, Require password on wakeup (upper left), Don't require a password.

This is for after wakeup, but see if it helps in your instance.

5. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

If that doesn't work, I have registry script that will automatically log you on.