Windows 7 How to remove user logon screen

don8400

Honorable Member
I recently installed Windows 7 home premium upgrade on my laptop. For the first week or so everything seemed to work ok. Then about a week ago the screen began to change to user logon after setting idle for 15 or 20 minutes. I checked my personalization settings and it shows the user logon on resume checked. I tried to uncheck it, but it will not let me change it. Any suggestions on how to resolve this problem? Thank you in advance.

If you only have one use account go to Control Panel > Power Options, click the require password on logon and select Don't require a password.

It's always best to do a CLEAN install.
If reghakr's tip doesn't help, I'd be doing a clean install right away (of course you'll have to back-it-up first)

If you go into power settings, Power options, Edit Plan Settings, there is a Change Advanced Power Settings option. Open that and check settings Password on Wake-up "no". Notice the Change settings that are currently unavailable and click on that.

You could also go Control Panel, Power Options, Require password on wakeup (upper left), Don't require a password.

This is for after wakeup, but see if it helps in your instance.

Back
Top Bottom