Windows 10 How to repair the SFC in Build 10041

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
The other day a friend and I decided to have a game of L4D2 although for some strange reason the game would start but then crash.
Whilst searching for a fix, a solution was found which involved using the System file scanner to repair system files.
The trouble is that with recent builds the SFC has strangely refused to work. This solution however worked for me and may work for you:
Note: you will need the ISO for build 10041

1. Mount the .ISO file by double clicking on it.

2. Open 'Windows Powershell' or 'Command Prompt' with Admin privileges (right click -> Run as Administrator)

3. Let's check the System Health first, by running these commands:

3.1 dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

3.2 dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth

3.3 dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4. I'm sure that 3.3 will give you an error stating that it could not perform the task. And now it's when the mounted ISO comes into play. Let's specify the file from the ISO so that we can fix it. Run the following command: (Notice that X must be the drive letter on which your system has mounted the ISO)

4.1 DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

5. Now let's repair any damage in the system files, shall we?

5.1 Run sfc /scannow in an admin command prompt.

Now it should work for you, guys! I hope this will help. My system seems more responsive since then. Please report if you encounter any problems following these instructions.
I don't know if this solution will work on previous builds such as 9926, but I have the feeling it may.
ref:
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/th...at-system-files-can-be-repaired-(Build-10041)

Let us know if this worked for you too.

Considering the way these preview builds are being modified on the fly, is it really a good idea to run an SFC? Since there does not appear to be a Microsoft server with the latest files for access, using the .iso may put some files back prior to the patches installed with it.

Considering the way these preview builds are being modified on the fly, is it really a good idea to run an SFC? Since there does not appear to be a Microsoft server with the latest files for access, using the .iso may put some files back prior to the patches installed with it.
I guess one could hold off from using it unless you really needed to like I did the other day...

Back
Top Bottom