Windows 7 How to share mapped drive so it can be accesed from outside lan ?

Hello iam trying 3 days now to set up folder so every1 on internet can acces it ..
So far i can only make it accesible for lan users , but i dont get how to make it accesible from internet ..

Typical windows file sharing will not traverse a routed network.
You'll need something configured like FTP or similar to get that accomplished.

Just remember, with these cloud based storage and especially the free versions, that there is a size limit to the upload. Where as the paid version have a decent upload size limit. The only one I've found to work pretty good is G-drive from Google.

Just remember, with these cloud based storage and especially the free versions, that there is a size limit to the upload. Where as the paid version have a decent upload size limit. The only one I've found to work pretty good is G-drive from Google.
Do you mean limited storage space? The upload limit stays the same between the paid or unpaid versions, usually the app has no file size limit but the web version does. For instance, the web version for DropBox limits the size of the file to be uploaded to 10GB or less, regardless of how much storage space you have or whether paid or free.

Here's an article comparing the major cloud storage solutions: http://www.cnet.com/news/onedrive-d...which-cloud-storage-service-is-right-for-you/

What do you mean by your statement that only G-Drive works pretty good? That's not very definitive.

The upload limit stays the same between the paid or unpaid versions

No it doesn't....try to upload a 4 GB file (ISO) and see what happens with dropbox and MS One drive...there's a 2 GB files size upload limit.

Unless all that's changed recently.

Yes, the various storage services do have file size upload limits but that doesn't change if you pay for the storage or you use the free storage (one exception is the Box service). If you check out the article I posted the link to you will see the differences. The only service that has no upload file size limit is DropBox as long as you use their client app and not the web interface. Google Drive has a 10GB file size upload limit.

Back