Windows 7 How to stop ALL notifications to Systray (icons)?

pstein

Extraordinary Member
I have setup my TaskBar with auto-hide.
So it hides after 3 seconds. Fine.

But lot of programs sent notifications on certain events to their icon in Systray.
This makes the TaskBar automatically always re-appear and forces users to click on the corresponding icon which is very annoying.

How can I really stop ALL notifications to Systray (without hiding the icons in Systray) ?

Peter

Control Panel >> All Control Panel Items >> Notification Area Icons

Set each one of the applications you want hidden, to "Hide icons and notifications". Otherwise the only way to change settings would be within the application itself, that is if there is settings available to change.

Control Panel >> All Control Panel Items >> Notification Area Icons

Exatlcy here I miss an option "show icon and hide notifications"
or even better a global option:

"Always show all icons and hide all notifications" (at the bottom)

Maybe there a tool for this?

Exatlcy here I miss an option "show icon and hide notifications"
or even better a global option:
Unfortunately that option never has been available. I'm not aware of any third party applications, that will give the notification tray advanced features.

Hi

You might be interested in a program called Taskbar Eliminator.

I've used this since I first started using Windows 8 because I have programs that I need to use with the full screen.

Unfortunately these programs have buttons at the bottom of the screen and this causes the taskbar to pop up when ever I move the mouse down there.

I have a icon on the taskbar that hides it and Alt T makes it reappear when I want it back.

Taskbar Eliminator - Download

Mike

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom