Windows 7 How to stop Pop-under advisory dialogs?

Saltgrass

Excellent Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Question, how do I stop advisory messages from poping up under other windows so they can't be seen.

I thought possibly some of the advisory dialog boxes were poping up under other windows because of the way the software was written. But since I now see Windows 7 boxes that pop-under, I am starting to wonder. It does not seem to me having necessary dialog boxes pop up where they can't been seen is a good procedure. I realize the taskbar will show the window and blink to attract attention, but I may not see that right away.

I have stopped the pop-up blockers in both IE and Firefox, checked aero, checked ease of access, personalize and some other things, but can't seem to find a setting or preference for this. The taskbar windows position does not seem to make any difference. I am running a theme and one gadget.

Thanks

Hi Saltgrass,
have you opened up the 'Action Centre'? It's the the little flag in the taskbar.. I'm sure you can stop some of the nags there?

I am not trying to stop the NAGS, but that is not what I am referring to. Say you install a program and it opens a window asking what language. That window comes up behind the Install window so it can't be seen. I would expect it to pop up in front of the earlier window. This doesn't happen every time, but quite a bit.

If you open the Systems Panel (winkey + pause) and select "Performance Info and Tools" at the bottom left, then Advanced Tools, on the top of that page I show a yellow triangle with "Performance can be improved". If I click that, a window that describes what you might do, if you want, pops up under the Advance Tools window so you can't see it. Only the blinking icon in the task bar alerts to the new window. This is the type of activity I wonder about.

Hmm..I see what you saying... To be honest I haven't got a clue but will try a bit of googling and see what, if anything, turns up....

How to stop Pop-under advisory dialogs? No solution yet?

There seems to be various versions of the same problem. Some i have come across:
1)Printing Dialog boxes
2)Outlook Meeting notices
3) google: Pop Under dialog boxes in Win 7

4)Password Dialog box from Word and Excel (the most annoying as you cannot see dialog box in taskbar, cannot move word or excel window out of the way to get to the dialog box, no permanent on top option) only way around:
a)Alt + Tab to get to Dialog box (does not always work)
b)Ctrl+Alt+Delete, task manager, "switch to" option.

Considering what we have paid for Windows 7 and Office 2010
BRING US A FIX / PATCH!!!!!!!!! or I just buy Mac.*-:)

Back
Top Bottom