Windows 10 How to Uninstall Windows 10 Anniversary

est1984

How on earth do I uninstall the Windows Anniversary Edition. I can't rollback which is all the options I'm finding across the internet.

Just go to update and security and then select recovery setting. You just have to go back to the earlier build section and then click started button. The update is Windows 10 v1607 i guess.

Hi,
Well the secret to this is usually the not-so-well-known fact that the various Microsoft rollback programs only work within 30 days of the point you ran the W10 upgrade. After, that the feature is disabled and won't work.:headache: You don't mention what source Windows you upgraded from such as an earlier version of W10 such as v1607, v1511, v10240, etc. or whether you are going back to your original windows OS version such as W7 or W8x. In any case, it still applies, and the rollback won't work. You'll need to backup all your personal data to external media, and do a Windows reinstallation from factory Recovery media (DVD or USB or HDD partition), reinstall all your Programs from scratch and restore/reintegrate your data folders into original condition.

Edit: Take a look at this post, which recommends using 3rd party disk imaging programs to backup your Windows instead of relying on the MS rollback feature: Windows 7 is still the best OS

Thought you should know about that.:lightbulb:
<<BIGBEARJEDI>>

Back