Windows 8 How to use the hard wired printer attached to PC, from remote wireless Laptop

Wladyslaw Mihulka

Can someone help me set up my remote wireless Laptop to use the same Printer "Not Wireless" hardwired to my Desktop PC. I have had it work this way in the Past but since upgrading to win 8.1 pro have lost the connection and cant remember how to set up again.
(1) Desktop PC upstairs with Non Wireless Epson Stylus Office BX300F USB connected to it.
(2) Remote Wireless Laptop Downstairs.
(3) Both PC and Laptop have windows 8.1 Pro installed.
Thanks WM

Just delete the printer that's installed on the laptop now....then find devices and printer in control panel, then run the add printer service.

Just delete the printer that's installed on the laptop now....then find devices and printer in control panel, then run the add printer service.
Have tried what you suggested and it reports " printer is in an error state, Check all connections and make sure all devices are on. If the power was turned off during printing, cancel the print job. If the error does not clear, see your printer documentation". I have cancelled all document print jobs but still no Joy.

Restart the windows print spooler service and see if that helps.
Hold the Windows Logo Key and strike the "R" key and type
services.msc
hit enter
Scroll down to Print Spooler
Right click and choose stop
Give it a minute and then right click and choose start.
Open devices and printers on the laptop and see if the printer is still there.

Restart the windows print spooler service and see if that helps.
Hold the Windows Logo Key and strike the "R" key and type
services.msc
hit enter
Scroll down to Print Spooler
Right click and choose stop
Give it a minute and then right click and choose start.
Open devices and printers on the laptop and see if the printer is still there.
Have done as you said and printer is there as default printer ,when I tried to print again it now says "printer is not ready. Check all connections and make sure all devices are on. To cancel printing, click the [Cancel] button."

You need to follow up on what Jim said and delete the printer from the devices and printers folder and then make sure that it is shared properly on the host computer and then run the printer wizard again to search and find it and reinstall it.

You need to follow up on what Jim said and delete the printer from the devices and printers folder and then make sure that it is shared properly on the host computer and then run the printer wizard again to search and find it and reinstall it.
Have gone through all these steps several times and still no luck, but I see that I have a doc stuck in queue since last trial to print and cant seem to clear document. Ps ready to give up but many thanks to all for your Perseverance. Wm

Success!!! I have persevered with what you described again and again and now I have finally got it to work Many Many thanks to you all for your expert and persistent advice.

Success!!! I have persevered with what you described again and again and now I have finally got it to work Many Many thanks to you all for your expert and persistent advice.

Firstly I checked Printer sharing on PC, then I deleted all from the Laptop! and then reinstalled printer on laptop several times before it finally worked. Thanks for your help. WM

Glad to hear that you've managed to get it resolved. Thanks for posting back with that information.
Sometimes that's all it takes..... a little persistence.

Back