Windows 7 HP 3210 Printer not working on Windows 7

sanjaychopra

I have HP 3210 All in one printer. Recently I upgraded from vista(64) to windows 7 home premium(64). And my printer stopped working. I installed the latest windows 7 drivers from the HP website and also the patch they have for vista to window7 upgrade. Still I cannot print. I can use all other features like Scanning, copying etc. When I try to print anything it looks like it is going to the queue but nothing prints and when I see the printer pool nothing is in there. I have already tried uninstall or reinstall thing. Contacted HP three times and they don't even know what I already know. Last thing they told me to switch back to vista? How dumb :( . Can anyone help and provide me any advice?

I suppose I should start by referencing Link Removed - Invalid URL from HP to troubleshoot USB printer problems.

Do you know how your ports are set up? Can you find out which port the printer is using? This information is available if you right click the printer and select "printer properties" from the menu. The "properties" option does not give you admin authority to check and modify.

Did you ever allow Windows to install a driver for the device?

Thanks Saltgrass for replying. My printer is using USB001 port. Yes I did allow my printer driver to be installed by windows. I have already referred to the link you suggested. But surprisingly Window 7 home premium does not come with the print management module.

The other think I want to add in my post was once I was able to use my printer using bluetooth but after installing the vista to windows 7 patch for HP printer that has stopped working too. When I turned my bluetooth option on. Windows try to find HP photosmart 3200 series_bt driver but then it fails to get the driver automatically.

Thanks Saltgrass for replying. My printer is using USB001 port. Yes I did allow my printer driver to be installed by windows. I have already referred to the link you suggested. But surprisingly Window 7 home premium does not come with the print management module.

The other think I want to add in my post was once I was able to use my printer using bluetooth but after installing the vista to windows 7 patch for HP printer that has stopped working too. When I turned my bluetooth option on. Windows try to find HP photosmart 3200 series_bt driver but then it fails to get the driver automatically.

I am not sure what you mean by printer module, but you can control the printer using the print queue (right click on printer icon in sys tray).

You might open that and make sure the printer is not offline, or paused and that all prior documents have been cancelled. If you printer has built in memory, there may be something stuck in that.

When you plug the printer into the USB port, does windows recognize it an attempt to install software?

What I would probably do is unplug the USB connection and unplug the printer. Make sure the print queue is empty, then repower the printer and plug in the USB. If the drivers you downloaded are correct, Windows should install or reinstall them.

If these steps do not work, I would in addition to redoing the above steps, uninstall the printer from the Printers dialog box. Then see what happens if you plug it back in.

Many times when the printer says it is printing, but nothing happens, the port is set wrong.

For my information, since I have never used a multi-function device, how many ports/devices are used and which ports are used for the scanner? If you do not know, don't worry about it, just my way of getting you looking into this area! ;)

I was talking about the print management console which was mention in the link you mentioned. Anyways I verify everything again. I used the printer diagnostic utility. Everything looks good. I can scan and everything. But when I try to print it asks me to select the printer I select my printer and then printing pop up comes up. And nothing prints and when I open the queue nothing is in there. Printer is enabled. It could be the port issue. What port I should be using? I will manually delete the ports and will try installing back again.

When you say it "asks for printer", do you mean it does not accept the default setting?

I just installed my USB printer on this Vista computer. It uses, as yours appears to, USB001 for a local port. That port doesn't seem to show up as an option for a local printer until the printer is plugged in.

Are there any settings you can find, such as bidirectional support, RAW or LPR, paper type or anything that might need to be set differently?

You say it also does bluetooth. Could the system be looking for it on that port and not the USB port?

Does the pop-up message say something like the document has been sent to the printer? Does the printer icon in the system tray stay visible or disappear? Could you be printing to a file?

Back