Windows 7 HP Pavilion Lightscribe DVD SuperMulti Drive / CD-Writer reading & not reading some home DVD Movie S

Derek Wilken

Hello,I have an HP Pavilion Desktop computer & Iam running Windows 7 Home Premium my DVD Drive doesn't want to read some discs,they have little minor scratches & others don't,but the strange thing is,I put in a disc of one my TV shows on DVD & it doesn't read it at all.My whole collection of DVD's all work fine on our family's DVD player,now figure that one out! I actually was getting a headache trying to figure it out.I know the DVD's all work on the TV and I don't know,this is just a guess,would the computer DVD drive be less willing to read them because the drive is less powerful then the our Family's DVD player?

If anyone has any suggestions for this,
problem let me know & email me at [email protected]
Thanks

Do you get any kind of message when you try to read them? Have you tried them is other computer DVD players?

Anything in common with the ones that will not run?

Hello,I have an HP Pavilion Desktop computer & Iam running Windows 7 Home Premium my DVD Drive doesn't want to read some discs,they have little minor scratches & others don't,but the strange thing is,I put in a disc of one my TV shows on DVD & it doesn't read it at all.My whole collection of DVD's all work fine on our family's DVD player,now figure that one out! I actually was getting a headache trying to figure it out.I know the DVD's all work on the TV and I don't know,this is just a guess,would the computer DVD drive be less willing to read them because the drive is less powerful then the our Family's DVD player?

If anyone has any suggestions for this,
problem let me know & email me at [email protected]
Thanks

Drive Cannot Read Discs In Windows 7= HP Customer Care
(You can read the article listed in HP Support)

Last edited:
No,the one of my TV shows on DVD does not read at all & when I click on Computer where it shows the DVD icon that appears,it doesn't come up,the CPU starts up & has a steady high pitched whine like it's trying to read it and the green activity light dims & flashes really fast during this.When the DVD Drive is working good,the CPU starts up & sounds like it's reading it really fast,Ill wait a couple of minutes,then it comes up & plays my DVD.

Back