Windows 7 I activated Windoews with the wrrong date in...

Basher

Honorable Member
Hi Guys n Gals,

I bought myself a new CPU, MB and Memory and had to reinstall Windows. When I put the date in I put the month and day in the wrong way arround, but it was still an acceptible date as far as the pc was to know. (09/10/2011 instead of 10/09/2011)

After I corrected this it has started warning me that the evaluation period as expired :(

Without having to reinstall everything again, does anyone know if I can fix this?

Regards

Basher

Hey Elmer,

Spoke to soon :-( It still tells me I have 0 days even though it says it is now genuine, any ideas?

Basher

So you have the Genuine Logo on your Properties Window? When I did something similar I was using XP. If I remember rightly, I had to speak to a human being by using the phone activation method. I think it was explained to me (very quickly) that Windows is not too happy with "major" date changes. It's possibly looking (to the automated activation service) like you've set your date back 30 days so you can keep running, well, I'll say a hookey copy, although I know you aren't.

lol - yup it is a genuine and has the blue Genuine Logo.
The system shuts down after a while following the trial expired notice. It activated ok after the reset.

Am trying to avoid a reinstall but it looks like I will have to. :-(

Basher

I'd just phone them up first. Worth a try.

Ooo! Just thought, does it need reactivating after a repair install?

I agree with Elmer. You have basically moved the install to a new machine. When you do that, you will need to call and answer some questions and do the numbers thing. It is an automated experience, I suppose their data has to be updated to show just the one install.

I assume you are using a full version, don't know what might be required for an upgrade.

Back