Windows 7 I CAN NOT INSTALL NO OPERATING SYSTEM

dav78

Hello !

I tried to install a myriad of DVDs or USB sticks Widows 7 that in the pc of my friends all go perfectly, in my case initially installing it goes, but then I get the following message:

"FILE OR DIRECTORY D: DAMAGED AND NOT READABLE.

RUN THE UTILITY 'CHKDSK "

If I install another operating system such as Linux Mint or Ubuntu are successful but when I click on Restart Now, the system will not start.

Only the mode 'Live Linux systems operating normally.

My PC is' a Dual Core AMD 2
on the motherboard GIGABYTE GA-M61SME-S2 produced in 2007- 4Gb Ram
HD 2 TB. Western Digital.

My hard disk has only one year, and then yesterday I did two tests of two different utilities, one of the Western Digital would be the house of my hard drive, and an 'other external software, all two tests with no errors .

I also run the utility 'chkdsk, no errors

And also, I did the memory test ram with MemTest86 without errors.

I await your help. Thank you!

Hi,
normally windows will default to the 'C' drive when installing although your message mentions the 'D' drive Is there any reason for this like dual booting or similar?

As far as I understand, Windows always requires the C disk, at least in normal circumstances. Linux doesn't have that method.

You need to either
a. Let Windows' installation format the disk, in order to get a clean install, or
b. Use a separate Partition Software, like gParted, or AOMEI. Sometimes Windows doesn't approve these formattings / partitions, but insists to make its own. Unfortunately, that's the ballgame.

If you have data on the disk, there is a risk that you loose it. Take care.

Back