Windows 8 No Operating System Found

Nimit

Honorable Member
So my PC is on and no programs were opened, and suddenly a error comes with black screen "No Operating System Found" or something like this so i pressed the power button and turn offed my pc and then turn on and now it works fine.. can anyone tell me what was happened?.

This message generally only pops up during boot. If it popped up while the OS was running I would wager either the computer crashed and rebooted and this popped up or malware was simulating the message. This message pops up during boot for one of a few reasons.
  • BIOS could not detect your hard drive
  • Hard drive is beginning to fail
  • A partition was marked active that shouldn't of been
  • Your MBR is corrupt
Most likely the hard drive is beginning a spirally decent to failure. I would suggest running a DFT test on the harddrive, seatools work really well and are available as a stand alone or as part of the Hiren Boot Disc. You could also verify whether or not the computer crashed. There should be a dump file in C:\Windows\Minidump if it did.

This message generally only pops up during boot. If it popped up while the OS was running I would wager either the computer crashed and rebooted and this popped up or malware was simulating the message. This message pops up during boot for one of a few reasons.
  • BIOS could not detect your hard drive
  • Hard drive is beginning to fail
  • A partition was marked active that shouldn't of been
  • Your MBR is corrupt
Most likely the hard drive is beginning a spirally decent to failure. I would suggest running a DFT test on the harddrive, seatools work really well and are available as a stand alone or as part of the Hiren Boot Disc. You could also verify whether or not the computer crashed. There should be a dump file in C:\Windows\Minidump if it did.
Okay thanks, will i consider this or leave it?

Back
Top Bottom