Windows Vista I cannot start windows vista! Pls help

agatina

Hi all,
I have a problem with my laptop since this morning! I wanted to start it up as normally but it didnt want to start windos well, there was just a blue screen with a window "SETUP REPAIR" i have tried to solve it on my own but im not really into that suff , so now when i run my laptop it runs automatically START UP REPAIR and try to repair it but finally there just shows up a windos saying "Start Up cannot repair this computer automatically" . I aslo tried to start it from Advanced Boot Options and there is select "repair your computer" then there is a window saying SYSTEM RECOVERY OPTIONS i select a language and clikc NEXT then "to acces recovery options, log on as a local user" and " to acces the command prompt as well, log using an administrator account" so i select administrator account and click ok and it says something like that "Your account has been disabled. Please see ur sysmtem administraor" but then i select my user name i clikc ok and it goes on to SYSTEM RECOVERY OPTIONS and there i can choose a recovery tool , the operatin system is Microsof Windows vista on (C:) acer and ive tried to do startup repair or system restore (it doesnt find a restore point" and there is a still a problem that it cant repair it automactially!
I REALLY need help with that! is there anyone how could tell me step by step how to make it work! i have very important files on my laptop and all stuff like photos, documents, ect...i really dont wanna install new software which will delete all the files!
Agata
PS: sorry for some english mistakes, its not my mother tongue ;)

ahhh....i have just notice that when i did starup repait last time it showed me message like this "if u have recently attached a device to this computer, such as a camera o portable music player, remove it and restart your computer, If u continue te see this message, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance

also when i enter advanced boot options i have several options to choose...like 1.repair ur computer 2.safe mode 3.safe mode with networking 4.safe mode wtih command prompt 5.enable boot logging 6.enable low-resolution video 7.last know good configuration 8.directory sevices restore mode 9.debuggion mode 10.disable automatic restart system failure 11.disabl;e driver signature enforcement and Start windos nornally

Hi agatina,
If you have the vista disk then place it in the drive and reboot. You'll need to enter your bios and change the boot order so that it is CD ROM first not HDD. Your machine will then boot from the disk and you can choose the repair option.
Your manual for your machine will show you how to get into the bios. Post back if you need any other help.. :)

hi, i did what u wanted me to do...but i have a message on the black screen like that

Windows has encountered a problem communicating with device connected yo your computer.

This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD ROM diver that is failing. Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer.

If you continue to reciver this error message , contact the hardware manufacturer.

|Status : 0x00000e9
Info: an unexpected I/0 error has occured

and i clicked ENTER to continue but i has just restarted it again and ran STARTUP REPAIR:confused:

i also tired to start it from safe mode, the vista recovery dvd started and i clicked on repair your computer and finally i saw a window saying (like before) :

startup repair could not detect a problem

if u have recently attached a device to this computer, such as a camera o portable music player, remove it and restart your computer, If u continue te see this message, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance

uff...i dont know what is going on with that laptop, since i turned it off yesterday moring and turned it back on after 1 h it doesnt work

Hi Agatina,
I'd try the repair option a few times if I were you.. I'll give you an example why.. This morning I was playing a game called Stalker:Clear Sky, anyway the game crashed (which it does from time to time) and little did i know but this also took out my 'Boot manager files'. The next time I rebooted I just kept getting the message 'cannot find boot loader' (or something like that). To cut a long story short I eventually used the repair method but it took 2 attempts for it to work... So maybe it's worth another go?

well, i will try few more times, but i have done it already few times...at first it was showing a message "Start Up cannot repair this computer automatically" now with recovery disc it shows

"startup repair could not detect a problem

if u have recently attached a device to this computer, such as a camera o portable music player, remove it and restart your computer, If u continue te see this message, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance"

but if u say to have another go, so all right ;)

Anyway u know what could have caused that problem...i just know that i was using during the night, i was watching something and o fell asleep, in the morning i woke up and i saw it is still running, so i turned it off , after one hour or something like that i wanted to turn it on and i did and im not sure if i didnt push some button on my keyboard , i have blue E button on my ACER ASPIRE 5920 and perhaps i clicked it by mistake and i remeber that it caused that some installation of ACER somthing started....hmmm and im not sure what i did....maybe i have turned it off when i saw it and since that moment every time i have this startup repair options

Thanks for trying at least...
I know you don't want to do a fresh install but why not try an 'upgrade' installation? That way your old files and folders will stay intact and you'll be able to at least have access to them to back them up. Once thats done you could then do a clean install which I cannot recommend enough because using the machine in that state is inviting trouble....

well. thats for ur help...for now maybe i will jsut leave it how it is and in 3 weeks i will be seeing my friend how is into that and perhaps he can help me...we'll see ;)
take care

Well on Paul Thurrotts site for windows he says this about it: Link Removed due to 404 Error
(quote)
With Windows Vista (and with pre-release versions of Windows 7, though Microsoft does not support this), you can do a traditional in-place upgrade, where you insert the Windows 7 Setup DVD in the existing OS, run Setup, and upgrade the entire system, applications and all, to the new OS. Or you can do a migration, where you use Windows 7's Easy Transfer utility to backup your settings and documents (but not your installed applications), perform a clean install of the Windows 7 OS, and then re-apply your settings and documents to Windows 7, again using Windows Easy Transfer.
(quote)

So for you it's probably the best way to go and if you want instructions on how to do the upgrade just ask and I'll post them.

definetly i would need you help with that. i will really appreciate that , i have no idea how to do it , tell me also what do i need...any cds/dvd disks to save my files or something like that
Thank you

Well you should back up what you can anyway just to be on the safe side... Then just place your windows 7 disk in the drive and when the install button comes up click install (see screenshot).
You'll then be asked if you want windows to get your updates now or later, it's up to you but for ease just click later... Then you'll need to click the agreement and then you'll see this page (check screenshot). You want to choose the upgrade option. That way, all your files and folder will remain intact. Best of luck and please let me know how you got on...:)

i will do that, i thnk there is not other way to solve it! but i will let u know tomorrow, its quite late out here and im already tired of searching info about that, i will start it from tomorrow morning , if i need some help i will post it here ;)

thanks ;) u r really helpfull guy

Your welcome..:) and like I said if you need any more help then please post again and either me or one of my colleagues will hopefully provide some help...

Re-Enable Recovery

(I'm not sure if this will work, it is normally used on error code 0X8007007B)

Hit the START BUTTON, then COMPUTER, go to PROPERTIES

Left Hand Column click PROPERTIES

If prompted by the UAC click CONTINUE

Uncheck (C:):) (MISSING) in the system properties

When asked if you want to turn SYSTEM PROTECTION OFF?

PRESS OK

System Restore will work again

Sorry about smiley faces- something wrong in website Uncheck (C:) (MISSING) in system properties

Last edited:
Unfortunately Celestra agatina can't boot into windows... Nice idea though....:)

Agatina,

Are you using Vista that came pre installed on your laptop?

I don't know a way of doing a repair/upgrade install unless you can boot into Vista.

If you can get to advanced boot options - try selecting Last known good configuration

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom