Windows Vista I cannot start windows vista! Pls help

Maybe We Should Look At This Differently

Unfortunately Celestra agatina can't boot into windows... Nice idea though....:)

Perhaps we should think of this as a dead machine? Just a possible suggestion.

I also found this software: Link Removed due to 404 Error (Pre-Windows)

You can use it without being able to connect to "Windows." If this can't be used on your machine they have other varieties.

hi kemical
so im just about to start it, but just want to ask one thing....with this win7 upgrade can i back up all my files? or i need some empty dvds or ...for exaplme an external hardwarde to save all my files? im not sure how does it work....

ahh,,,,and one more thing, where i can get that windows 7 ? i havent got a disc with it

Sorry I was thinking you could back up some of your files before the process but obviously you can't because you don't have access. Anyway you shouldn't lose anything during the upgrade process...

You'll have to change the boot order too and to help you with this here are some instructions you can print off:
Boot Order - How to Change the Boot Order in BIOS - BIOS Boot Order

Don't forget that you'll need to change the boot order to 'CD/DVD' first and then HDD second with floppy being last.
Save and reboot with your disk in the drive. Then watch out for the words 'press any key to install now' which will appear in the 2nd or third boot screen. Press any key and then the process will start. Then all you have got to do is make sure you look out for the upgrade page like I showed you above...
Good luck! :)

i have windows vista not 7, and it was installed on my laptop when i bought it and i didnt get any cd with software

i have just windows vista recovery cd which i made from this laptop im using now ,it has vista too

Ok,ok.....sorry I should have asked...So your using vista yes... but you only have a repair disk yes?

How old is the laptop? As I was thinking you could ask the company that you bought it from for the installation disk as by rights it's yours..

Last edited:
well....i dont know, i think i will leave it for now and maybe my friend will be able to repair it later , cuz now im not in my city , and surely im not in england to ask a company for the disk...anyway, when i bought it they told me to do backup but i didnt do it because i didnt know how

one more thing...i saw that screen with win 7 to upgrade and i have the same screen and the same command to install now but with vista not 7

but will this delete my files? anyway...do u know some programm or something with which i can save some files which i need now? maybe i could burn them somehow on empty dvd? i dont know if it is possible but its worth to ask ;)

Back
Top Bottom