Windows Vista I can't install Vista

llista

Extraordinary Member
I just bought an OEM version of Windows Vista Premium 64 bits, I have a Shuttle SKG22G2V with AMD 64 x 2 5600 and a SATA 80G HD with 1GB Ram, the graphics card is an ATI Radeon 9250 128 RAM. Bios is a Phoenix and the computer is only 6 months old.

When I try to install Vista it all works fine until the last step when the computer reboots and then the installation screen says "Finishing Configuration", the hard disk stops spinning and the DVD too, I get no error messages and the "Finishing Configuration" seems to be working with its three black dots flashing. In the end I have to switch off the computer manually as nothing happens after twenty minutes of the screen staying still.

Any clue how do I solve this?

I would really hate wasting all the money I have spent on Vista as I can't afford that and I have no previous OS in the computer, it was a barebones. :(

Try opening the drive then closing it without restarting the pc. I have tried this with windows xp froze and it worked several times for me.

freeze ?

Hi, did you get any answer? I have the same problem. Martin

Can't install Vista

Hi Vista is strange like that, it can take 30-40 minutes to finish configuring so i woould suggest formatting your hard drive then try the installation again, when it gets to the end bit go make a cup of tea and watch a film it should be finished by then. If not start panicing again.:cool:

Your not leaving it long enough. Some user's have said it takes up to 2hrs altho' that is rare. Like the above post said go and watch a film and be patient.

I have the same problem, and it wont help waiting! have tested it 4 times, and watied for at least 3.5 hours, ends up at a black screen whit the mousepointer! Someone heard about succeding?

Ive managed to solve this problem now!
I have a Dell, and all you need to do is to install the ACHI-drivers for the hdd before you choose which drive you gonna install windows on!

and as i said, for me I have a dell, and i got a Drivers and utilities DVD where you can find the driver for the hdd!

Hope it solves your problem!

Back
Top Bottom