Windows 7 I have blue screen on windows vista when i start up

seta

I install 1 program is Alcohol 120 in windows vista. Then i restart the windows, when i start up it has blue screen. I can't use it. Therefore, I can uninstall or do anything. Including in safe mode. I really :(

keep pressing F8 when you turn the box on. if you cant get into safe mode then jsut use the computers recovery CD and boot with that.

keep pressing F8 when you turn the box on. if you cant get into safe mode then jsut use the computers recovery CD and boot with that.

I have had the same problem, but even after trying to boot off the cd/dvd i still get the blue screen!!! I've tried taking the battery out and that didn't help either.

BSOD on startup

Same problem here. Everything has been working fine, but now on startup get BSOD, tried safe mode and boot from vista dvd but still no good
Any ideas anyone?

Yes, there is a way to fix that. The file that causes the problem is a347bus.sys, located in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers
This file is the Plug and Play BIOS Extension for Windows Vista.
The solution, half-baked as it is, is to boot off of the Vista installer DVD and go to command prompt, or access the file system in some other way. Rename the a347bus.sys file to something else (a347busbroken.sys in my case) and reboot. The system should now boot, but it will complain now that it has to reinstall drivers and such. Let Vista do its thing there and it should come back up.

In my case, Vista choked at this stage too and could not fix the broken .sys file. The system actually operates without it, but with reduced functionality (some plug-and-play stuff doesn't work) and at this time I can't figure out a way of restoring the original .sys file.

If anyone knows of a way to restore the original .sys file, please do tell..

I just had the exact same problem when installing alcohol and after a lot of buts I started vista with the last known working configuration and thus far everything runs smoothly.

I had the same problem with a toshiba tecra laptop.

Try holding 0 on startup to bring up recovery/repair

Re: BSOD on startup

Same problem here. Everything has been working fine, but now on startup get BSOD, tried safe mode and boot from vista dvd but still no good
Any ideas anyone?

my idea would be back up all your important stuff, format the disk and go back to xp, the only decently working windows version ever

Re: BSOD on startup

Any ideas anyone?
We really need details of rig ect to really be able to answer stuff like this...

My HP Pavillion desktop (model a6110n), with some sort of 32-bit Vista installed, boots to a blue screen that asks me if I want to go to setup or press <F11> for recovery options. Pressing <F11> takes me to a screen that has me specify an English keyboard, then something about get drivers, then to the System Recovery Options screen. Here, the options are "startup recovery" (which, when entered, will seemingly run for days with the blue bar going across the screen), command prompt, system recovery, and a couple of more choices.

Naturally, foolish me, I did not make up any recovery disks when I received the machine, nor are my data backups current.

The helpful online tech support at HP said that I want to choose system recovery, and pointed me to an article on how to go about it. However, unlike as written in the article, clicking "next" on System Recovery does not give me a "backup" option. Rather, it warns about erasing everything on the disk.

So, what can I do? Can I get data via the command prompt? (If so, it must be non-obvious, as none of the directories or files in them look familiar.)

I can order disks from HP. Will they help, or is there something else I should be trying?

Thanks!

Hi!!!Link Removed due to 404 Error Just hit the little document .... Sincerely, Celestra

Hi!!!Link Removed due to 404 Error Just hit the little document .... Sincerely, Celestra
(You might ask HP if this would still produce a valuable recording-This is very easy to make a back-up of your own) You'll need 2 or 3 DVD-R discs ,Panasonic, launch your HP Total Care Advisor PC Health & Security. Hit the Launch Microsoft Back-up Tool, wait and follow the prompts, insert disc, wait, follow prompts. Always wait until the machine is done before you remove a completed disc, it may need to finish up. Number and date each disc. That's it, basically, in a nutshell. If you don't have a lot to keep up with, set your machine for once a month.

Hi!! If you click on top of the thumbnail, the computer will bring up the picture. It works for me...... The article talks about an XP, but it's similar in Vista, there maybe a few minor differences. Let HP give you the info- they sound like they want you to return to factory settings. Which means without your own recovery discs, you'll lose everything you have downloaded since you started operating your machine. I was wondering if you did a back-up now, would come out OK?. Maybe it would salvage some personal information. I've never done a back-up with a blue screen problem. Those links that are on the picture, you'll have to code those into your search box, the computer won't connect to a jpeg image. (It's a record from my personal file)

Hi Paul, it sounds to me that 'System Recovery' will set the pc back to the factory settings. In other words all your data will be scrubbed from the machine and vista set back to the day you bought it...Like a 're-install' of the os...
So you'll need to save as much data as you can to CD/DVD (unless you have an external HDD) before you hit the 'system recovery' button but at least you'll be getting a nice clean system to re-install your saved data onto.
It may be worth waiting until you get the disks proper but as long as you go carefully you should be ok.

Back
Top Bottom