Windows 7 I have Installed windows xp in my d:\ partition , but i I had more than 6 month using windows 7

RomarioThartori

Now That i installed xp i cant log in to Windows 7 , i didnt formated windows 7 files are still there , but when i turn on my Pc , its directly load Windows xp , it doesnt ask before , what do you want to boot, windows xp or windows 7 ?
, i wanna use windows 7 too ,anyone help please im desperate !! :(:(:(:(:(:( :worry:

Last edited:
Hi

EasyBCD it pretty, well, easy.

if you have two viable operating systems on your computer it should see both of them and let you add the one that is't showing to your Boot.

I can't tell you step by step because it's been so long since I've done it but it wasn't difficult.

I think you can navigate to the .exe file for the OS you want to add and just select it, through the Add New Entry tab.

Take a look at it, and then if you need help come back with a specific question about the process and some one will be able to help you.

Mike

Hi

EasyBCD it pretty, well, easy.

if you have two viable operating systems on your computer it should see both of them and let you add the one that is't showing to your Boot.

I can't tell you step by step because it's been so long since I've done it but it wasn't difficult.

I think you can navigate to the .exe file for the OS you want to add and just select it, through the Add New Entry tab.

Take a look at it, and then if you need help come back with a specific question about the process and some one will be able to help you.

Mike
i dont know please ?! any step

Try opening EasyBCD, and first look at the View Setting Tab. It should look something like this.
Only yours will show only Windows XP on Drive D:\.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is one entry in the Windows bootloader.

Default: Windows 7
Timeout: 30 seconds
EasyBCD Boot Device: C:\

Entry #1
Name: Windows 7
BCD ID: {current}
Drive: C:\
Bootloader Path: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then click the Add New Entry button.

See if you can select Windows 7 and the drive it is on.

Click on add entry if you can.

That's about all I can remember but you should be able to add Windows 7 to your bootloader.

Go back to the view setting tab and it should now show both operating systems. There should be a second entry just like the one above.

Reboot and see if they both show up.

Mike

Last edited:
Normally what you need to do is put the boot back to the Win 7 version. EasyBCD will do this or you can use the Bootsect.exe command to set it back. To Run EasyBCD in XP you will probably have to install one of the .Net Framework versions.

Put a Windows 7 install DVD in your Drive and type the following with the drive letter of your DVD drive.

E:\boot\Bootsect /nt60 SYS

If you do not have an install DVD, boot into the Recovery CD to get into the WinRE environment and just type :

Bootsect /nt60 SYS

EasyBCD has an option to return the boot to Windows 7 but I don't have it installed right now.

Edit: Check attachment

Attachments

• Easy.GIF
    Easy.GIF
    103.2 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:
Back