Windows 7 I made my logon user to be Standard Users...

jiddisch

and now I'm stuck. I cant install some programs or drivers because the Admin user is disable.

I changed in the "control panel" my user to a "Standart User" and I used the "Local users and groups" to disable the Administrator account. How can I now get administration?

Go to Start/All Programs and right click the command prompt.
Type “Control UserPasswords2”.
Click Advanced.
Click Advanced again.
Select Users.
Select Administrator and Untick the box “Administrator is disabled”
Now log out and login as Administrator.

If you find, because of a “lower” edition of Windows 7, you cannot open the window above, do it this way:
1. Shut down the computer for a cold boot. Tap the "F8" key as you are booting.
2. Select "Safe Mode with networking" from the boot menu.
3. Log into Windows 7 with your personal account that holds the administrator access.
4. Open a command window (START--->RUN--->CMD.exe). At the command prompt, type the following "net user administrator /active".

Log out and log back in as administrator.

Rememember that this lowers your security a little, from internet attack. Make sure your anti virus is up to date.

Go to Start/All Programs and right click the command prompt.
Type “Control UserPasswords2â€Â￾.
Click Advanced.
Click Advanced again.
Select Users.
Select Administrator and Untick the box “Administrator is disabledâ€Â￾
Now log out and login as Administrator.

If you find, because of a “lowerâ€Â￾ edition of Windows 7, you cannot open the window above, do it this way:
1. Shut down the computer for a cold boot. Tap the "F8" key as you are booting.
2. Select "Safe Mode with networking" from the boot menu.
3. Log into Windows 7 with your personal account that holds the administrator access.
4. Open a command window (START--->RUN--->CMD.exe). At the command prompt, type the following "net user administrator /active".

Log out and log back in as administrator.

Rememember that this lowers your security a little, from internet attack. Make sure your anti virus is up to date.

Great jobs,thanks !

Thanks

THX for trying to help

But your first solution didn't help cuz whan I'm trying to untick the "Account is disabled" it says "Access is denied". now I'm going to try your second solution and see if it helps. I'll come back to inform you. Thank You!

Ok, I'm back and
yea it works!!!

Last edited:
Back