Windows 7 I messed-up my start-up screen!

Brian1951

I downloaded and installed a program from the Windows club, which allows you to modify and personalize many elements of Windows. It's called the ultimate windows...something. One of the things it lets you do is personalized the startup screen. Somehow in doing that, there's an element of the startup screen called branding. Essentially, the branding element is the part on the bottom of the start up screen that identifies the flavor of Windows. In my case its windows 7 Home Premium Edition. Somehow I managed to blow that away, so the only thing is that is left is the windows flag!

How can I return my startup screen to its original state without doing a complete reinstall? I've tried system restore, but there isn't a restore point for the startup screen. I have also tried getting help from the Windows club forum but it seems to be inactive no one has answered my questions there. So I am asking for help here. Is there someplace where I can download the file that says windows 7 Home Premium Edition? I can use the ultimate windows modifier software to put it back. I'm pretty sure of that.

I look forward to your response and suggestions on how to fix what I messed up. Thanks in advance. Brian

Thank you but it's not the background that I need to recover, but rather something the Ultimate Windows Customizer calls "Branding". Which is the part of the screen that is the writing on the bottom that says what version of Windows is installed. BMK

Back