Windows 7 I need help please. auto shop program vs windows 7

Reigna

I have WinWorks Auto shop and it has a part of the program called tech link.Tech link open in a new window. Our shop computer fried and was replaced with a Dell running Windows 7. We have always had a problem with the Tech link window (even on XP) sometimes minimizing to the task bar and not opening when you click on it normally. So I would always just right click it on the toolbar and maximize that window. On this windows 7 computer it does not give you the options to minimize or max, just close. Can you change this or am I out of luck? Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm sorry if this is the wrong spot to post this I'm new to the forums. Thanks:)

While I am not familiar with the actual program, you may want to try using options available to you for compatibility.
Either with
The Desktop Shortcut, you use to launch the program
or
The actual Program Executable within the programs folder
Right click and choose properties
Select the Compatibility Tab
Experiment with some options
Run this program in compatibility mode for:
Windows XP Service Pack 3 (or 2)
You may also want to check the bottom check box
"Run this program as an administrator"
See if that helps the problem and let us know, maybe someone with actual experience with the program may have other ideas that may help.
Regards
Randy

Hi

What's normal for Windows 7 when you right click on the icon on the task-bar is the option, Close, Unpin from Taskbar and an Icon for the program.

Clicking on the Icon for the program expands the program window, unlike Windows XP which had the options for expand etc.

If clicking on the icon doesn't expand it then I typed all this for nothing! LOL

Mike

Back