Windows 7 I need help Screen turning off on its own after rebooting from hibernation

ionpulse

Upon rebooting my computer from hibernation mode or waking it up from sleep, my computer like shuts down half way. The monitor turns black as if the computer has been idle. my keyboard is turned off as well. my mouse is still powered and the computer is still running but I don't know why. I then have to manually shut it down and reboot it. It happens every time I hibernate or let it sleep.

24inch Dell monitor 1920x1200

Win7 Prof x64
EVGA Nvidia 750i
Intel Q6600 @ ~2.6GHz
2TB Hitachi Deskstar
3GB Ram
Zotac 8800 gts 512mb (g92)

Attachments

• 091710-19437-01.dmp
    359.4 KB · Views: 337
  • 092210-36067-01.dmp
    358.9 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:
Hello and Welcome to the windows7forums. : )

See if you have any .dmp files in C:\Windows\Minidump, attach them. If no recent .dmp's there, then this is not a bsod problem.

Make sure you have enough free space on your system drive, and also a good idea to update your drivers to the latest versions, if you haven't done so yet.

I had a similar issue on my own system. After sleep the video would lock up and the system would freeze. Did it every time.

The work around --it's no solution-- was to prevent the monitor from turning off...
Control Panel -> Power Options -> Choose when to turn off the monitor -> Never.

Apparently this is a fairly common problem.

I don't promise this will work for you, but it's worth a try.

You're having bsod issues with McAfee. Uninstall it in safe mode using the tool found here:

AV Uninstallers - Windows 7 Forums

While there, also use the tool to remove the very old/problematic BitDefender.

bdfsfltr bdfsfltr.sys Fri Apr 03 14:01:57 2009

(Only use one antivirus at a time. 2 or more cause problems.)

Reboot and install MSE to replace it.

--------------

Your Realtek lan driver is very old and needs an update. Type systeminfo in a command prompt then press enter. It will tell you the number of Realtek lan you have. If it's 8111, use the following link to download the latest driver. If anything else, search the left side of the link for yours:

RTL8111

Rt64win7 Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 04:04:13 2009

--------

Uninstall Daemon Tools in the normal method. Then carefully use this to remove sptd.sys, as opposed to updating:

DuplexSecure - Downloads

For drive emulation, use PowerISO instead which will not cause Windows to crash:

PowerISO - Create, Edit, Compress, Encrypt, Split, Mount, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter, Virtual Drive

----------

If you follow all this well, the original issue will subside. Enjoy.

@ CommonTater

Its not just when my screen turned off its also when I rebooted my comp after hibernating.

@ TorrentG
Thanks for the help. I uninstalled BitDefender. I was trying to uninstall it for the longest time not knowing how since it wont let you uninstall it. The McAfee I need since its a requirement by my school to use their network. I did update my Realtek lan drivers but didn't uninstall daemon tools.

Thanks for the help

Very important to remove McAfee, Daemon Tools and sptd.sys.

If they all aren't, bsod will continue to happen. Just giving a heads up about it, that's all.

You're welcome.

Ok I just uninstalled McAfee and daemontools and restarted my computer. I tested to see if it will still bsod after hibernation. as i tried to start chrome after hibernation, it bsod. T.T i checked minidump and it doesnt seem to have any new files. I just saw that i prob need to remove sptd.sys. ill try that. what is MSE?

I removed sptd.sys. I have MSE installed.
My comp just bsod. I do not see any new minidump files. what do I do now? I have McAfee, BitDefender and Daemon tools uninstalled. Removed sptd.sys. installed MSE.

I can't seem to upload the the file for the HDDscan so I attached a jpeg of it. I'm not to sure what the graph represents. How do I install the memtest? I don't seem to get it? I looked up on how and read that i should burn the image onto a cd and boot it from the cd, but i cant get it to burn on a cd using nero.

I'm still having the bsods after rebooting my comp from hibernation, but no new files in the minidump folder. is there another place files crash files are saved?

Attachments

• ATA Hitachi HDS72202--TEST.jpg
    ATA Hitachi HDS72202--TEST.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 381
My computer recently had a blue screen of death instead of black one. Im still getting black screens after rebooting from hibernation. the attached dump file is from the blue screen. not getting any for the black screens though

Attachments

• 100810-23478-01.dmp
    283.7 KB · Views: 333
Back