Windows XP I want to delete Windows Setup file

cursedboy

Yesterday I felt that my windows xp is corrupted due to which my browsers was not able to open any website. So i decided to format my c drive. When I started format procedure and file started formatting my c drive I noticed that instead of formatting c drive d drive is started formatting to install a new copy of windows os in drive I stop installation in between.

Now the problem is whenever I'm starting my system I'm getting to option :

1. Microsoft Windows XP
2. Microsoft Windows setup file

I dnt want to remove this 2 file from that start up menu from screen. Is der any way to remove that if so please help me.

Last edited:
You need to edit a file on your C drive called boot.ini. You can use notepad for this but take care - you may make your system unbootable if you get it wrong. Get back to us with the contents of your boot.ini file if you need advice on the edit.

This is what I get in notepad file

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

Hmm actually I fixed my problem by removing the line refers to Microsoft's Windows XP Professional Setup in boot.ini file. What I did is you can check here. I guess I did everything right :p

Yes, that was basically what you needed to do - if the boot option has disappeared and your machine is still booting ok then you must have got it right - well sorted.

Back
Top Bottom