Windows 7 Icons keep changing size

Ronargus

I set up 2 folders on my desktop. one is for games and one is for utilities on my computer. They are shortcuts to programs on my machine. For some reason they keep changing size from a medium view to a large view. I tried doing several things including rebooting the system but nothing seems to work. Can anyone help me so the icons maintain the same size?

I decided to delete my reply. Sorry.
And yes I have checked my desktop and the icons on it are set at medium view. David...I did get your reply in my
e-mail and yes, sometime the obvious is overlooked. I sort of straightened the icons out but the folders there in
won't keep the size i set them at.

What if..........
You do not put the shortcuts in 2 folders.
Instead, just have the shortcuts individually placed on the desktop, games shortcuts to be grouped on the left of desktop, utilities shortcuts grouped on the right.

I have quite a lot of shortcuts too. They never changed sizes.

Image 1.png

What if..........
You do not put the shortcuts in 2 folders.
Instead, just have the shortcuts individually placed on the desktop, games shortcuts to be grouped on the left of desktop, utilities shortcuts grouped on the right.

I have quite a lot of shortcuts too. They never changed sizes.

View attachment 27653
I have a lot of mmo games and stand alone games and I really need to keep them organized by putting them in a folder. I never had this problem until a few days ago. It's no big deal but I am curious why it does that.

Back