Windows 8 IE and woes

sputnik89

I recently upgraded to windows 8. and started using latest IE browser. I cant access to most of the websites having a pod casts. i noticed when i tried to open sound cloud website. IE says only secure content displayed and the webpage says switch to classic sound cloud. i changed the settings, i turned off the smart active filter. after which i open the browser, i get a dialogue box saying " IE stopped working ". so went to the windows 8 forums and downloaded FIX IT, which reset my browser settings to default and i am back to square one.

i was a chrome user, but after upgrading to W8, i started using IE and got comfortable with it and chrome looks kind of amateurish and i don't like it.

Give this a try......
RE : Only secure content allowed
Open Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Security tab > under Select a zone to view, click Internet > near the bottom, click Custom level...> scroll to Miscellaneous > under Display Mixed Content, click Enable > OK when done.

Try open sound cloud website again.

I can see, through Google, that the site seems to be having some difficulties at present.
Meanwhile, I could suggest you try , first, emptying your cookies and other cached material through "Tools" - Internet options" - Select the delete option down the firs page and select the items you want to be rid of.
Next download "Shockwave" and install as an add-on. I found this was needed in my setup, to activate Java in certain sites.

Give this a try......
RE : Only secure content allowed
Open Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Security tab > under Select a zone to view, click Internet > near the bottom, click Custom level...> scroll to Miscellaneous > under Display Mixed Content, click Enable > OK when done.

Try open sound cloud website again.

got it. thank you:D

I can see, through Google, that the site seems to be having some difficulties at present.
Meanwhile, I could suggest you try , first, emptying your cookies and other cached material through "Tools" - Internet options" - Select the delete option down the firs page and select the items you want to be rid of.
Next download "Shockwave" and install as an add-on. I found this was needed in my setup, to activate Java in certain sites.

i think IE has preinstalled shockwave.

Flash yes. Shockwave no.
Yr post #05. Are you now able to open the website?

I am able to open websites having pod casts, but am getting INTERNET EXPLORER STOPPED WORKING dialogue box.

Back