Windows 7 IE8's new security

Matt

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/ie8_security.asp

Well, I think this will make IE8 even more secure, so this is very good. :)

Yeah, firefox got better extension support, and also looks better imho, but at least IE will be just as secure. Even IE7 is very secure. But I might switch, as Firefox has been getting crashy, and using around 300MB of RAM with less than 10 tabs open.

The infamous Firefox vs IE debate..

I think we're finally starting to get to the point where IE actually has something to offer us again. In Windows 7 Build 6956 it's stability is incredibly and the new features are stunning as far as IE goes. I've yet to have IE8 crash on Windows 7 6956. Firefox is doing "well" on 7 build 6956 as well but not quite so good... It has crashed a few times and with fewer tabs open than in IE8.

Of course a full judgment can't be made yet as of course 7 build 6956 is an Alpha build and IE8 is in Beta 2.. But I still think IE8 may come out on top of Firefox for a while in the end....

....hahahahaha

;)

I can't use IE8 because it crashes over and over again. I wanted to stick to a single browser and ... for now at least ... it's firefox, which I hate. I don't know if it's because I did an upgrade instead of a clean install, I'll find out in a day or two. I have to set aside the time to wipe all my other PCs before I can play with this one's problems.
If anyone can help me trouble shoot this issue that would be fantasticalicious.:D

PEACE

I can't use IE8 because it crashes over and over again. I wanted to stick to a single browser and ... for now at least ... it's firefox, which I hate. I don't know if it's because I did an upgrade instead of a clean install, I'll find out in a day or two. I have to set aside the time to wipe all my other PCs before I can play with this one's problems.
If anyone can help me trouble shoot this issue that would be fantasticalicious.:D

PEACE

Have you tried Opera 9.63?

Thanks for exactly NOTHING.
NOT answering the question asked.
NOT thinking of how sucky Opera actually is compared to everything else.
NOT reading about my use of Firefox, which sadly, is stable and adequate for my needs.

Yes Thank you...

But you're on your way back to slashdot so you don't need my appreciation.

PEACE OUT

Back