Windows 7 I'm finally going to go to Win 10 from Win 7

jaisongomes

I don't really want to do this, but it seems my 290x-TriX could really use some DX12 love at this point in it's life cycle.
So, as far as gaming is related: Have you noticed any difference between Windows 7 and 10? Any have any issues with Steam library needing to be re-downloaded? (Steam folders kept on D drive).Tutuapp https://9apps.ooo/ShowBox
I was holding out as long as I could, but I guess I cannot any longer (also, it's free for 8 more days).
Any tips on the transition (for gaming purposes, not general I got that covered) would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Do yourself a huge favor and do a clean install of Windows 10, not a upgrade install from 7 - 10.
Also, before installing Windows 10 do a search and download drivers for Windows 10. Search for all of them (chipset, ethernet/wi-fi, display, sata, usb, etc). Also do that for software, too, just to make sure their a no specific Windows 10 versions yo need.
Never hurts to play it safe and avoid headaches now or down the road with conflicts, etc.
As far as games go in Windows 10, I've had no issues with Steam, Origin, GOG or Ubisoft games on my PC.
A few older games may need to be run in compatibility mode, but probably not that many att all at this time.
Just check each game's supported o.s. on their store page or the developers websites.

**Important note that I forgot to mention.**
Windows 10 1803/April 2018 Update/17134 doesn't install properly if you plug your flash drive into a usb 3.0 or 3.1 port, it only works properly installing from a USB 2.0 port.
I've used & installed all the Windows 10 versions, except any insider builds since Windows 10 was officially released.
Windows 10 1803/April 20118 Update/17134 is the first one that doesn't like installing using a usb 3.0 or 3.1 port.

Back