Windows 7 I'm stuck with getting Windows 7...

blackzr

I bought my new computer recently from Gateway via Futureshop. So i can order Windows 7 for free from Gateway site. So I ordered it... but a server error pops up and I didn't finish my ordering. So I tried to order again... but i can't because I already "used" my computer serial number in previous failed order.

I contacted Gateway 3~4 times and at first they told me to registerate my computer. Didn't work... and in second they told me to wait for one week for them to resolve this problem. Today is been one week and nothing. I asked them again... and guess what? They told me to wait for one week again.

So well I had enough of them. Is there any alternative way? I have right to get Windows 7 for free because the right goes to people who got new computer between June 26 and the end of January 2010 and as i just said, I got computer recently which is 2 weeks before. So with this opportunity I don't really want to pay $100 for Windows 7 upgrade.

Any solutions would be great. Thank you.

Send the system back for a refund under 30day money back policy and then order again.
Or contact MS and see what they can do. Or contact Gateway and escalate the issue up the chain

Send the system back? You mean send the computer back and get another one from there?
As I just said I contacted Gateway quite a lot and all they say was registerate at first and now it's wait for one week... which i just did and now they say wait for another week.

You aren't satisfied with Gateway. Send it back, demand a refund. Order again. or from another company.
If you are within 30 days, you are not obligated to keep it.

This is the reason AOL has been around so long. People didn't mind getting ripped off.

Refund

I agree. Send it bac,k, get a refund, then order a Dell or HP computer instead. If Gateway jerks you around like that, then they don't deserve your business.

i forgot about this thread... problem is solved now. They finally gave me an order number for order status. But i'm still unhappy with their business... even the computer i bought is awesome..

Acer bought out Gateway.. support is almost non -existant. See my blog for a hint on how to download the final version. You'll still have to pester them for your keycode but you'll have 30 days ... then you can use rearm 3 times for 30 more days each time... giving you 4 months to get your keycode before windoz dies..... or to find a workaround (activator)

Back