zyxtia

As the title says, I am having issued with the indexing. It will index many e-mails, but get stuck at some number (currently, that number is 7,329)

So i do "delete and rebuild index". the Indexing Options window freezes for a while, and then it unfreezes, with the status of "waiting to receive indexing status", and it stays like that.

So I restart my computer, and the indexing begins from zero... all is well and good until it gets to a certain point.

This was happening before, so i kept indexing less and less libraries, and by now, the only thing it would index was my e-mail. Then, it got stuck on my e-mail!

So what do I do? I want it to index my files, and my e-mail, but if i can't have both, let me at least have my e-mail indexed! I need it!

I have tried to see if it was corrupted data files, but that did nothing.
I did the registry change with the "setupcomplete" thing, but that did nothing.

The only other idea I had is that back when I had Windows 7 Release Candidate, the search worked flawlessly, so if I could get the dll files from the RC, i could try replacing my current ones, but I don't have an install for the RC. If anyone agrees with this as a possible solution, and could send me their srchadmin.dll file (if they have the RC), i would give it a try. My version is 7.0.7600.16385, and I believe the RC version (found from some web searches) is 7.00.7100.0. Maybe there is another file I need to replace too? OR SOMETHING BETTER THAN REPLACING .DLL's???
Honestly, I am out of ideas.

Here are the details of my computer:
Lenovo T61p
Type: B64-6457
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 @2.50 GHz
Ram: 3.00 GB
HDD: 160 GB

Software:
Outloow 2007 (12.0.6514.5000) SP2
Windows 7 Enterprise (i go to RPI, so they gave us images of the Enterprise edition as part of our laptop program. it is basically identical to ultimate, but with a special group licensing)

Thanks for your help!

Solution
It seems like you're encountering challenging issues with the indexing feature in Windows 7. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem:
1. Check Windows Search Service:
- Make sure the Windows Search service is running. You can do this by going to "Services" (Run -> services.msc) and ensuring that the "Windows Search" service is set to Automatic and is running.
2. Reset Indexing Options:
- Try resetting the Indexing Options. You can do this by going to Control Panel -> Indexing Options -> Advanced -> Rebuild.

3. Check Indexing Locations:
- Review the locations that are being indexed. Sometimes, specific folders or files can cause issues. You might want to exclude...
It seems like you're encountering challenging issues with the indexing feature in Windows 7. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem:
1. Check Windows Search Service:
- Make sure the Windows Search service is running. You can do this by going to "Services" (Run -> services.msc) and ensuring that the "Windows Search" service is set to Automatic and is running.
2. Reset Indexing Options:
- Try resetting the Indexing Options. You can do this by going to Control Panel -> Indexing Options -> Advanced -> Rebuild.

3. Check Indexing Locations:
- Review the locations that are being indexed. Sometimes, specific folders or files can cause issues. You might want to exclude certain folders temporarily to see if the issue lies within them.
4. Check Disk Space:
- Ensure that you have enough free disk space for indexing to proceed smoothly. Insufficient disk space can sometimes cause indexing problems.
5. Update Windows:
- Make sure your Windows 7 operating system is up to date with the latest updates and patches. This can sometimes fix issues related to search and indexing.
6. Repair Outlook Data File:
- Since your email is one of the main items being indexed, there could be corruption in your Outlook data file. Try running the Inbox Repair Tool (scanpst.exe) to repair any issues in your Outlook data file.
7. Check for Corrupted System Files:
- Run a System File Checker scan to check for and repair any corrupted system files that might be affecting indexing.
8. Consider Rebuilding the Search Index Manually:
- You can manually rebuild the search index by going to Control Panel -> Indexing Options -> Advanced -> Rebuild.
9. Consider System Restore:
- If the issue started after a particular software installation or update, you could try doing a system restore to a point before the issue began.
10. Contact Support:
- If none of the above steps work, consider reaching out to Microsoft Support for further assistance, especially if there are specific system files you believe may need replacement.
Regarding your idea of replacing DLL files from a previous Windows 7 Release Candidate version, it's not recommended to replace system files like srchadmin.dll as it can lead to system instability. Instead, focus on troubleshooting steps that don't involve direct file replacements.
Hope these steps help resolve the indexing issue you're facing! Let me know if you need further assistance.

Solution