Windows 7 Installation Froze At "Completing Installation"

Ok... I'm guessing it's a memory problem that needs tweaking in the bios. I've seen where others did a memory tweak .. and others found the floppy drive option was also checked in the bios... they didn't have a floppy drive.

Also, there is a lot of related chat about windows 7 and flashing the bios for that mother board you listed.. on Google

There are links to a ton of drivers for that motherboard for Win 7 at this link:

Mxdtr.com ECS MCP61PM-HM Motherboard BIOS Update

What do you mean "install that at the beginnnig of the Windows 7 install,"?

Ok, will try that too.

The download link won't work.

JessicaD

I tried installing the driver, then running the installation it still froze.

Just try searching for your motherboard. There are a lot of links from Google. Maybe this link connected directly to a page that they don't have set up for direct access.

Just try searching for your motherboard. There are a lot of links from Google. Maybe this link connected directly to a page that they don't have set up for direct access.

Tried from HP, says does not meet system requirments, when I search up the drivers for my pc.

Tried from HP, says does not meet system requirments, when I search up the drivers for my pc.

If that's the case then everyone with your motherboard should be looking for a slolution and Google should connect you to those reports... maybe there is a fix. Sometimes I search for hours for something and still come up empty... but most of the time I either find a fix or conclude the hardware can't run Win 7.

OK, I will try,

Thanks! It worked, along with JessicaD suggestions.

Thanks! It worked along with tblout's suggestion.